1st time shooting new P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bro61, Sep 20, 2008.

1. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Bought new a week ago. Did a complete F&B and baked Militec-1 on all the slide components. Went shooting today. Shot half American Eagle and half Magtech both 95 gr. FMJ. Put one in the chamber, topped off the mag and emptied it. Did that 11 times. Shot perfect! It hit exactly where I aimed. I tried to make it jam and it just kept going. I rode the slide loading the first round several times stopping it where the bullet just touched the ramp then let go. It hesitated a split second and popped into the chamber. I shot a couple mags left hand deliberately limp wristing and couldn't make it jam. I'm very happy with the way it shot. I just had one question. The hammer block pin was walking out to the left just a tiny bit. I don't think it would have come out any more but I didn't give it a chance and kept pushing it back in. Is this something to be concerned about and if so what can be done? Sorry about being so wordy but I had to brag on this little gun.

2. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    welcom bro61,

They are great little gun's, arn't they. I cant give any advice on the hammer pin because I dint know, its never happened on my gun.

CK

3. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Part # 270?  I'd just put it bit of Loctite around it and see if that helps.  Doesn't sound like it's real loose.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3atparts.htm

4. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I took the hammer block and the axis (pin) out of the grip. The axis is .125" and  the holes were about .003 bigger. I mixed up some plastic epoxy and filled the holes. After it cured I drilled out the holes with a #31 (.120") drill bit just using my fingers to turn the bit. Put everything back together and had a nice pressed fit. I don't think I will have anymore problems with that pin walking. Can't wait to go shoot again. I have shoot some more FMJ's and then test out some hollow points. Then I can carry this little beast! ;D