Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a chance to get to the range and try out my new P3AT!
I did the a fluff and buff as I've seen suggested on this forum (nothing major just a thorough cleaning and the use of some fine sandpaper here and there). I just used ball ammo and she performed perfectly. Granted this is the first outing and I wasn't able to put much down range, only put around 24 rounds through her. I had my compact .45 and my 442 with me also.
I'm impressed with the accuracy. I only took the target out to 21ft max for the Kel-Tec and accuracy was great for its intended purpose. Kept most shots within a palm sized area.
The trip was an eye opener too. I found I'm definitely going to use some of the tricks others here do to make shooting the little devil more comfortable! She kicked pretty darn good although nothing that would prevent me from carrying regularly. Really the recoil wasn't any worse than the 442 but I ain't man enough to shoot the P3AT much more in one session than I did today! ;D
All in all I'm really pleased, I think the gun is absolutely amazing considering how freakin' small and light it is!

G

·
Dogman said:
.... I am still grinning. I can't wait to get back to the range!
Dogamn... Glad to have you here.

CLEAN LUBE SHOOT... REPEAT

It is kinda habit forming....

The only problem I have found with shooting the lil .380 so much is that it cuts into the funds for BUYING new guns!

Again... Welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome!
It's cool to see how enthusiastic (usually) everyone here is about these tiny guns.
I'm looking forward to "mastering" the use of my P3AT!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dogman said:
I finally got a chance to get to the range and try out my new P3AT!
I did the a fluff and buff as I've seen suggested on this forum (nothing major just a thorough cleaning and the use of some fine sandpaper here and there). I just used ball ammo and she performed perfectly. Granted this is the first outing and I wasn't able to put much down range, only put around 24 rounds through her. I had my compact .45 and my 442 with me also.
I'm impressed with the accuracy. I only took the target out to 21ft max for the Kel-Tec and accuracy was great for its intended purpose. Kept most shots within a palm sized area.
The trip was an eye opener too. I found I'm definitely going to use some of the tricks others here do to make shooting the little devil more comfortable! She kicked pretty darn good although nothing that would prevent me from carrying regularly. Really the recoil wasn't any worse than the 442 but I ain't man enough to shoot the P3AT much more in one session than I did today! ;D
All in all I'm really pleased, I think the gun is absolutely amazing considering how freakin' small and light it is!

FEMININE MONIKERS ARE STRICTLY RESERVED FOR LONG GUNS NEWB!

Never ever ever assign a femine personality to a pistol! Its bad juju, luck, karma, whatever idol, God or Buddah you worship will frown on this.

"Ole Betsy, Charlene, Sweet baby Jane, Molly, Mary Jane Rotten Crotch, etc" are verboten! A far better moniker for a handgun would be "Little Devil, Killer, blaster, pit-bull, master blaster, baby shooter" etc. At the very least masculine, better yet sexually non-specific. ;)

"I took it out today" or "I took him out today" not "I took her out today"

Marines of the world cringe with each syllable:eek:.

Atent hut! Present Armz! Order Armz, lock & load your first 20 round magazine!! Ready! Aim! Fuego! Fuego! Fuego! Atease Disease! Fallout
:-/

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Big Rosco, P11/40. Little Rosco or Little Big Gun, P3AT. My "Gatt", generic. I don't use the term "Heater".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tractorshaft said:
FEMININE MONIKERS ARE STRICTLY RESERVED FOR LONG GUNS NEWB!

Never ever ever assign a femine personality to a pistol! Its bad juju, luck, karma, whatever idol, God or Buddah you worship will frown on this.

"Ole Betsy, Charlene, Sweet baby Jane, Molly, Mary Jane Rotten Crotch, etc" are verboten! A far better moniker for a handgun would be "Little Devil, Killer, blaster, pit-bull, master blaster, baby shooter" etc. At the very least masculine, better yet sexually non-specific. ;)

"I took it out today" or "I took him out today" not "I took her out today"

Marines of the world cringe with each syllable:eek:.

Atent hut! Present Armz! Order Armz, lock & load your first 20 round magazine!! Ready! Aim! Fuego! Fuego! Fuego! Atease Disease! Fallout
  :-/

this just flat cracked me up!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Marines of the world cringe with each syllable
Well, them Marines have their own ways. ;)

In all actuality, I think it matters not. Whoever pays the money to purchase something can decide what it's called.

If I wanted to name my PF-9, "little miss prissy pants" I would.

I'm weird, though, appearantly. I don't name ANYTHING. Guns, cars, tools...

Hell, my cat's named "Kitti" 'cause I never bothered to name her.

Took like 6 months to decide on the name of our daughter.

Some people take things TOO seriously.

G

·
adamsesq said:
I don't know - that momma glock is pretty butt ugly.  No offense man, no offense.

-Scott

That aint no glock!.. It is a BRICK!

Mitch... bracing for the assault from the glock brick yielding K-9.

Pre-emptive apology... Several friends have glocks, and I personally think they are great guns.

I just can't seem to hit a barn with them. Maybe the trigger, ergonomics, whatever it is, I can not hit with the darn things!

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
OH... I just call my lil KT's "The Twins".
EXCUSE ME? SInce mine truly are twins I take humbrage at that. You bought them at different times. Unless they are consecutive serial numbers born at basically the same time they cannot be twins!!! Brother and sister okay, but NOT TWINS! ;)

-Scott

G

·
adamsesq said:
EXCUSE ME?  SInce mine truly are twins I take humbrage at that.  You bought them at different times.  Unless they are consecutive serial numbers born at basically the same time they cannot be twins!!!  Brother and sister okay, but NOT TWINS!   ;)

-Scott
hmmmm.......maybe I shoudl not refer to them as siblings at all since I am hoping they will produce lil KT's.

Of course I am in the deep south...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.