Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yooo,

So it seems the 1st quarter prediction was inaccurate for the p50

I'm bummed because my birthday is at the end of March so it was perfect timing for me. Seems there hasn't been any talk since the initial announcement.

My dad had a couple keltec guns, but this would be my first. Anyone have any insight on previous launches accuracy? Should we expect it soon, or perhaps not for quite some time?

It seems like a perfect truck gun and thats what I intend to use it as.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Years ago Kel Tec promised that they wouldn't announce a new gun without having them ready to ship. And they were true to their word - sorta - for two guns. The KS7 and the CP33. The KS7 was available within a month of SHOT Show that year. The CP33 in March. Once that first run was sold, then the well dried up and folks were struggling to find KS7 and CP33s for a while. Now I see CP33s all over the place. KS7s, not so much. When Kel Tec announced the P17 in Sept 2019, it was supposed to be available Nov 2019. Didn't happen. Probably because of the bad review they got from TFB testing a pre-production P17. Eventually they started trickling onto the market in 2020. Then Covid hit and screwed up everything. I finally got a P17 in late May. I've scored two more since then.

The P50 got leaked before Kel Tec was ready. There was no SHOT Show and things are still kludgy because of the pandemic. From what I understand, they haven't sent many, if any, T&E guns out for review yet. None of my LGS have anything listed for the P50 yet. So yeah, Q1 wasn't going to happen. I'll be surprised to see anything hit the market before May or June at this point.

Expect to see price gouging, especially for online sales. Only thing that may prevent that is slow sales due to a lack of affordable ammo. If you don't already have 5.7x28 ammo, expect to pay to play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the perspective! That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Bummer, I always wanted a p90 and this seems like a more affordable, American made, and imo better looking alternative. Guess it's time wait. I'll use that time to find 50 rounds of 5.7, lol.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Did they say first quarter of WHAT YEAR? Even when they are released it takes a couple of years for the demand to slow enough for them to show up in most LGS. JMHO 😉 😉 😉

1 - 4 of 4 Posts