165 rounds and broke

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by johndeeere1979, Jan 12, 2008.

1. johndeeere1979

johndeeere1979 New Member

Dec 28, 2007
    My trigger will not reset anyone have an idea what it could be.

2. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005

3. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Most likely the trigger spring has popped out of the groove in the bottom of the trigger bar.

PshootR

4. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    same problem here, i tried the trigger pin thing so many helpful fellas here suggested and it didn't really help. I called Kel-Tec this week and they told me to send it in, its not the pin or trigger spring assembly. lucky for me, KT is only an hour or so away. give them a ring on monday.

5. johndeeere1979

Dec 28, 2007
    It looks like the pin has worked down away from the trigger. I really like the gun alot but it is a little disappointing. I hope this will fix that forever and it is not a repeat problem or i will lose confidence in this little sucker for consealed weapon.

6. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

7. johndeeere1979

Dec 28, 2007
    Well i took it apart further than i should have. But i found the the Trigger Axis is broke. Part #254 i hope this is not a reaccuring problem. has anyone else had this problem? Looks like shes heading back to Flordia for some work.

8. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    We don't hear about them a lot, but every now and then.  I had one break on one of my twins on the second shot.  KT sent me parts and I lost confidence in myself once I disassembled everything and sent it back to them in a bunch of pieces. I would be able to repair it myself now (if I had Wilson's parts bin that is.)

That was over a year ago and things are going great fine since.  If you look at the overall design it is amazing that piece does not break more often.  

Here is how mine looked:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again, don't hear about it too often.

-Scott

9. johndeeere1979

Dec 28, 2007
    on here somewhere i saw a parts list with prices does anyone know where it is.

10. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    You don't want to know the prices...  The list was down in the counter somewhere.  Except for the main big parts, the axis is the MOST expensive piece at something like $28.00 IIRC.  

Here it is: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1191550476
    but I think those are way old prices.  I could be wrong, or maybe I thought I wanted two, or ???

-Scott

11. Ohio_Rusty

Ohio_Rusty New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    You think that is bad .. I paid &17,500 for my Chevy malibu maxx, and three days after I bought it, it broke and it had to back to the dealeship. If I pay that much money for something .... it should never break and nothing should ever go wrong with it. I guess with anything mechanical .... we need to get it fixed an go on using it. Heck ... My P3 only cost me $240 and it has a life time warranty ...... My chevy was 10,0000 times more in cost than my P3, and the warranty has already run out .... Thank goodness for my P3AT !!!
    Ohio Rusty

12. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Sure you do.  It's FREE as in lifetime warranty.  Call the KT service dept (not parts) and they will have whatever you need in your mailbox in about 3 days, at no charge.

Oh yea, this is a very rare occurrance.  Out of the many thousands of pistols discussed here over the past few years, I have only seen this failure a couple of times.

13. jocko

jocko Guest

oh my now we are comparing a handgun to a car, what next. :-/

14. johndeeere1979

Dec 28, 2007
    well i called cabelas (where i bought the gun) and they said they would return it and since it was in the 30 return policy (i had it since christmas.)  I planed on carrying this gun and i have lost my faith in it and with a lot of the problems i see on here scare me for a ccw.  i am not worried about the lifetime warranty. If i am carrying this weapon and it fails who ever it is willed to will have to worry about that.     Long story short i decided to go with the Bersa Thunder .380 i will give the the same 30 day trial.  Very nice gun and it feels like a gun you can tell it is built to shoot.  

the guy at cabelas said "kel tec's are for carrying around not for shooting"

15. Makarov_9x18

Makarov_9x18 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    ::)

16. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I guess if a mechanical failure (oh by the way, those happen on Bersa's too) makes you go spend more money on a more expensive gun, then so be it. You could have bought a lot of ammo with the difference in price (can't do anything about the difference in size/weight) and felt better about the P3AT I would have thought, but like Doc said, there are lots of choices out there.

-Scott

17. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL

I have every intention on throwing my P3AT at the BG instead of shooting him with it. It's my $300 blunt object.  >:(

18. I have every intention on throwing my P3AT at the BG instead of shooting him with it. It's my $300 blunt object.  >:([/quote]

:-?

If that is really your intention, I will happily trade you one of the neat $500 military hammers for that blunt object!  :-/

19. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    i guess sarcasm doesn't translate to well here! ;)

20. It does actually!  I was just trying to steal your gun!   ;)

Mitch.. Who has been know to be sarcistic at times!