Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a fellow with his Mossberg 12ga securely mounted to the side of his metric v-twin the other day angled forward & down with the butt up & rearward, I didn't get a long look at the whole mounting setup but, I'd like to fab a rig like that. If you've seen one or maybe have a good pic of a setup like that, could someone post me a pic that I could work from? I'd appreciate that, Thanks, R.Tillery

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Go to Google. Select images. Enter "motorcycle shotgun mount." There are lots of pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No scabbard, wide open & had what may have been a pin(maybe 5/16 round bar?) with rubber hose around it up the barrel for the mount to secure the lower end & what could have been a modified, keyed trigger lock or patio door tumbler of some kind. Wish I'da hade longer to study the rig, but it was secure & ridged, didn't bounce around or move at all when he took off & shifted. Pretty sure he's a local rider, but likely a fair weather rider only. I'll try to be quicker with my cell camera next time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is the mount on my dual sport.

3" black plastic pipe, oak plug in the bottom and velcro retention. I have a waterproof cover to protect from the rain. Thousands of on and offroad miles and no issues.

For a cruiser, you will have to clean it up a lot, but for a dual sport, it's just fine...

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Mount? Nahhhhh. Just shove it between the frame and exhaust like Arnold does. :D

Neat idea in a way, but without some kinda effective locking mechanism, it would just be a big huge "STEAL ME!" sign to lots of thieves. Even if they're not successful in stealing it, I wouldn't want someone to go messing with my bike (if I actually owned a motorcycle) in trying to remove an openly-displayed shotgun. Y'know, kinda like guys that have had their window(s) shattered in a pickup truck by some yoyo wanting to get at the rifles or shotguns hanging in a rack in the rear window.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
The upper latch or lock looks very similar to the police squad locks. They operate on 12 volt with a hidden release button

Jim
It's does look pretty similar to the ones we use. Most operate with a powered switch but also have a key lock. Some use a cuff key and others have a specific key like a pad lock would use. I wouldn't use the cuff key type on something like a motorcycle, too many people carry them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.