102 Grain Golden Saber load information

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TrapperTrent, Oct 19, 2009.

1. TrapperTrent

TrapperTrent New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I just picked up a box of Remington Golden Saber 102GR bullets and was looking for some load information for this bullet. The gun is a Kel-Tec P3AT. My books have load information for 100GR FMJ ammo, but no information for the 102GR GS bullets. It would not be a bad idea to have the OAL information too. The powders I would likely use would be Bullseye, Power Pistol, Blue Dot, or Ram Shot True Blue.

2. oldgranpa

oldgranpa New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Go here....

http://stevespages.com/page8a.htm

Then select the .355 bullet size on the handgun section. A new page will come up where you can select 380ACP. You'll note a bunch of different powders listed, maybe one you can use. And there doesn't seem to be much difference between 100gr and 115gr. Hope this helps.

og

3. Robert357

Robert357 New Member

May 11, 2009
    WA, the State
    Be real careful using Steve's website. He is a true reloading expert and very knowledible on firearms and accuracy. I oftern find useful and interesting information on his website.

Many of his loads are similar to those found in standard reloading books, some of his loads are so hot, that they scare the heck out of me. I use his website often as a cross check for my reloads. I have compared some of my load work-ups to a few of his loads in 357 Mag and 44 Rem mag and some rifle cartridges posted on his website and they are quite hot! What might be safe in say a bulky steel handgun may not be safe is a P3-AT.

Always work up your loads from a low level to a higher powder level in small increments and check after every round for signs of overpressue! This is especially true on polymer firearms like the KelTec!

4. TrapperTrent

TrapperTrent New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have used some of Steve's loads and always cross reference what I can find in my many books too. I think I will just start at the bottom recommended loads for the 100GR FMJ bullets and work up. It does seem unwise to me that Remington would sell components such as bullets and not publish at least “some” load information as most of the other manufacturers do.

5. oldgranpa

oldgranpa New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    since nobody really gave you any actual load 'recipes', and just criticized my initial suggestion for data, here's another site with some load data....

http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/d...amp;type=Handgun&Order=Powder&Source=

good luck in your search. And please do let us know what you decide and your range results. With ammo shortage the way it is, I plan to try reloading 380 myself in the near future. Got lot's of brass saved, all I need are dies.

Cheers,
    og

6. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    If you have reloading manuals that show load data for 100 grain FMJ bullets, use the same data for the 102 grain rem bullets.

2.0 grains is not going to make one bit of differance.

The limiting factor on the P3AT is case strength.
    Start low and work up, as you should always do anyway.
    At the slightest hint of case bulging at the feed ramp cut in the chamber, STOP and back off a little.

rc

7. TrapperTrent

TrapperTrent New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Thanks for the info. With the ammo shortage for the 380 I picked up a 500 box of the Golden Saber bullets from Midway USA. A month ago I was able to score 1000 of the FMJ 95 Grain Magtech bullets.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=1657113581
    The other night I went to the garage and loaded some 102 Grain GS up with Bullseye. The starting grains was about 2.5 and worked up to 3.3GR weighing each load. I will head to the range some night after work soon and report back how they did.

8. oldgranpa

oldgranpa New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    good work, Trapper! Looking forward to your range results.