Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Almost everyone thinks the promags are a turd. I have one for a P32 - it runs the same as the original mag. ymmv.

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
i have 2 for my sig p6, they run, but do not lock the gun open....

i have 2 for my g26, they SUCK!

I had them for my beretta, I had to send the beretta back to the factory to get the mag removed.....

they work in my hi points ok.

YMMV. take your chances

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
remf said:
Almost everyone thinks the promags are a turd. I have one for a P32 - it runs the same as the original mag. ymmv.
+1 I also have had good luck with one Promag in my P32.

CJ

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
rkflorey said:
Does anyone out there have any experience with these. Found them at a local gun show, $20
I bought one at a gun show a couple of months back. Unfortunately, last time to the range, I forgot to take it along so I have not tested it. FWIW, they also make a 15 rounder. Once I test the 10 rd version, if it works, I'll grab a 15 rounder at the next show. I'd never carry either one but if they work, they'd make good range mags.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
TX, is there any chance you could post a pic of the 10 round mag in your P3? Or maybe compared to a factory mag?

thx
CJ

·
Registered
51 Posts
CJP32 said:
TX, is there any chance you could post a pic of the 10 round mag in your P3? Or maybe compared to a factory mag?

thx
CJ
I was just going to ask this myself. I would love to see some pics please.

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
Sure thing.  They are pretty darn long and come with the finger extension on them.

Promag 10 rd in the gun.

Promag 10 rd next to KT 6 rd.

The 15 rounders are really long, probably pushing a foot.

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
Like I said earlier, it would mostly only be useful as a range mag, assuming it works.

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
No charge.

Dang, that key board is dirty. Ah well, it is 10 years old. :-[

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought a couple for my G-19 before the ban expired; a total POS; one is still in the pouch, I was going to sell it on ebay (yeah, I know, but there are ways around it) but I felt I might put somebody in a bad situation, so they are in the drawer. I use one as a stripper.

·
Administrator
32,086 Posts
It is true that promag does not enjoy a great reputation. The gun community is repleat with tales of POS promags. At the same time, you will find that promags for some guns apparently work quite well. I have yet to see a report on these P3AT mags but promag does make P32 mags and the few reports I have seen on them have all been good, IIRC.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Thanks for the pics TX, I think I'll be looking for one at the next gun show. I could maybe see using it as a back up mag when carrying my P3, if it's reliable.

Like I posted earlier, I have a Promag for my P32 and it's been 100% for several years.

CJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts