Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I'm wondering if anyone can please tell me if their RDB has worked well with any of the following magazines available in Canada.

Just for context (not to discuss politics) I live in Canada and we have a 5-round limit for rifle magazines, but there is an allowance for the use of pistol magazines for range and competition use (our wildlife management board restricts loading more than 5 rounds when hunting). We have a selection of pistol magazines that I can purchase, but i don't know if they work well with the RDB. Of course I'm open to other suggestions if you know something available in Canada.
  • Kel-tec SU/PLR16 – 10RD STANDARD MAGAZINE
  • Rock River Arms (RRA) LAR-15 PISTOL MAGAZINES
  • CROSS 10/10 COUPLING MAGAZINE SET 5.56X45 FOR AR-15 PISTOL - CM10AR15P55645BLKC
  • IMI Defense G1 M16/AR15 MAGAZINE POLYMER 10 RD
  • Cadex Defence Magazine .223 DS SF 10 Rounds, MAG100-0037
  • C-Products LAR-15 .223 Rem / 5.56 10 Round Pistol Magazine

·
Registered
344 Posts
The C-Products magazines I can wholeheartedly recommend, especially the stainless versions. I've used them extensively (30 rounders) both at home and abroad. I still keep fully loaded CPDs in my carrier.

·
Registered
216 Posts
We seen the list yesterday and they are not on it. Will try and locate where I found it. At the range this was brought up and several people stated the RDB and SU16 will soon be added if they are not now. Very stupid laws that do not work.
The principal models being prohibited:
  • M16, AR-10, AR-15 rifles and M4 carbine
  • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
  • US Rifle M14
  • Vz58 rifle and CZ858 rifle
  • Robinson Armament XCR rifle
  • CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbine and pistol
  • Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine
  • SIG Sauer SIG MCX and SIG Sauer SIG MPX carbines and pistols
  • Swiss Arms Classic Green and Four Seasons series rifles
Today's ban does not cover handguns, the weapon of choice for gang members. They promised Friday to enact legislation down the line to give municipalities the power to ban these firearms.

·
Registered
942 Posts
We have a selection of pistol magazines that I can purchase,
Is it illegal for you to possess mags larger than that? The reason I ask, and I would never suggest that anyone do this intentionally...

I have a friend in CA where they can't purchase and have mags shipped to him from a retailer. In the past he has forgotten that, screwed up, bought magazines and had them shipped to me. I have no idea how he made that mistake but he did. Being a friend I knew he ordered in error so I slapped a mailing label on the package to send to him to correct. I have no idea if he ever got it straightened out.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting story.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just more politicians with their stupid knee-jerk reactions. I feel sorry for my Canadian brethren, because what's happening to you now has already happened to friends in Australia and most recently, New Zealand.

And it seems common sense is never a part of the equation. Just because there's one bad apple, everyone else who abides by the law suffers.

The idea of banning something, thus disenfranchising a large percentage of people will never address the root problem. Look at all the nation states that banned guns. The next problem is knife crime, a la the UK, Japan, China, etc. What are those retards gonna do now, ban knives? Where does it end?

·
Registered
345 Posts
We seen the list yesterday and they are not on it. Will try and locate where I found it. At the range this was brought up and several people stated the RDB and SU16 will soon be added if they are not now.
The SU16 might get added soon, but I'm not sure on the RDB (at least the rifle model) since those aren't a "scary pistol grip" rifle. :p But then again they specifically called out the Mini 14, so who the heck knows?

But it really seems they were just looking with Google for "AR-15 manufacturers" and slapped the resulting list on targeting entirely, as neither of the KTs use the major AR assemblies they seem to have dodged the initial search at least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts