10-Round Magazine

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by The_Fed1, Sep 2, 2008.

1. The_Fed1

The_Fed1 New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    My first time here, and I want ot make you all aware, if you do not already know, that Kel-Tec is considering selling 10-round magazines for the P-3AT. Kel-Tec has a survey on their web site, and this subject is one of the options.

Anyone else that would to see this happen, please hit the survey. Their marketing person, Karen, will be back from vacation next week. Suggest you also call her and tell her you want them to have it produced.

2. The_Fed1

The_Fed1 New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    And I already posted on defensivecarry.com and packing4life.com

Feel free to post this message on any other gun forums you belong to.

3. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    Men are stupid. Lots of times we consider looks over all else. Guess what? I'm one of those stupid guys. I just don't like the looks. I don't even like the small mag extension available now.

I like the P3AT just the way is is. I will go for the pinky extension. Again, looks. Oh well. Some of us will never learn.

And like someone said in the links provided, defeats the purpose of the P3AT. Instead of small and concealable it'll be big and ugly.

4. pointpro

pointpro New Member

May 9, 2005
    I agree .... not for me

5. harleyboy

harleyboy New Member

May 25, 2008
    I also agree,I dont like it. I purchased my gun because it was small and easy to conceal

6. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    It would be nice to have that option and I would buy one as soon as it hit the market. The +1 extension already allows me to carry 7+1 so two more rounds won't make that much of a difference in the length of the mag. Probably 1 1/4 inches max. It would be a nice thing to have at the range as well and the added length would make the gun much more accurate than it already is. YMMV.

7. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    League City TX
    How the heck are you gonna get that out of your pocket?

8. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Small, easy to carry, easy to pull out of your pocket the way it is. The main thing is to be able to put the load where it will save your life if needed!!

Bo Bryant

9. Who tries to put the big mag in their pocket?

The big mag could be handy as a back up and a range mag, and like a lot of things you will see on this board- if you stick around long enough, is that there are alot of good DIY projects.

Aside from reading this board- some of you guys may also want to consider this as a good read:

[​IMG]

10. byron2112

byron2112 New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    It'd be cool for the range.

11. illogicalmethod

illogicalmethod Active Member

Jun 7, 2005
    It'd be cool for a range toy and for a backup magazine..

Let's face it, there are situations that may arrise, where being stuck with 7 rounds of .380 might be less then ideal..

Bring it up to 17.. and well, we're looking at a slight improvement of those odds...

I've read stories of shoot-outs, during botched robberies, that the surviver traded several bullets with the would-be robber and it was the last bullet that they had, that barely made the difference...

Carry more, carry often!

12. Mark_F

Mark_F New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I don't think so. I'll grab my .40 S&W long before I try to "make do" with ten rounds of 380. The whole idea of the P3AT is to carry it in your POCKET!

13. What POCKET do you carry your S&W .40 cal chambered gun in?

With a 10 round BACK UP mag, what would stop you from carrying the 3AT in your pocket?

I do not get the concept that some of you don't want EXTRA ammo. PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND how fewer rounds is better in a SPARE MAGAZINE?

14. Mark_F

Mark_F New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    What POCKET do you carry your S&W .40 cal chambered gun in?

With a 10 round BACK UP mag, what would stop you from carrying the 3AT in your pocket?

I do not get the concept that some of you don't  want EXTRA ammo.  PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND how fewer rounds is better in a SPARE MAGAZINE?
    [/quote]

The point is, a 10 round magazine totally defeats the purpose of its (P3AT) small size... If I wanted MORE ammo, I could simply carry my CZ83 as it is a double stack 12+1 in 380. Or I could pull my 12+1 40 S&W out. I didn't say it was in my pocket... now did I?

Sorry for the confusion, but I am perfectly happy with my P3AT just like it is...

15. byron2112

byron2112 New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hmm... interesting.

I assumed most around here would pull out their P11 if they wanted more firepower. [smiley=huh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

16. Mark_F

Mark_F New Member

Mar 29, 2008
  17. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    You know not of what you speak.  That reviews page is from 2002...and frankly even then didn't have a lot of "issues."  A lot of water has passed under the bridge and of all the weapons KT makes, the P11 is lowest on the "issue" list - probably something having to do with it being larger and heavier than some of the other pistols. Weight:power:size DOES make a difference.  Short of a batch of ejectors that didn't work when they tried to make a new one work for the Pf9 and P11, I can't think of any "issues" that would be valid today.

-Scott

18. Mark_F

Mark_F New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Still wouldn't be my first choice...

19. pertinax

pertinax New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Or mine. But it's a better pocket gun than a 3AT, if you're wearing the right clothing.

I cannot speak as to whether P-11 reliability is better or worse than in 2002. But my P-11 is fine, and has never jammed or what have you in many hundreds of rounds. Mine hails from 1996 though.