10 ROUND MAG FOR .380 !!!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 12smile, Apr 19, 2009.

1. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    OK. went to gun show today....guy I bought 6 round mags from last year casually says 10 round mags for Kel-Tec .380 are available from Pro Mag .com...they list a 15 round as well but no "add to cart" button

WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD ABOUT THIS BEFORE. I'll call them Monday...sounds too good to be true.

:)

2. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    Noooooooooooooo! Stay away from Pro Mag, my KelTec brother!

3. tiburns

tiburns New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Grand Poobah, Can you tell us what is wrong with Pro Mag.com? Just would like some background on them.

4. trekgod3

trekgod3 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Jupiter,FL
    Stay away from Promag!!! They ARE total junk. I bought 2 for my Firestar 45 and they barely fit in the magwell and are almost impossible to remove. Also, they jammed every other round. As someone on this board said : PROMAG= Please Remeber Our Mags Are Garbage

5. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I have used Promags in Mini 14's,AR-15's,M1A's and Glocks. They are total junk. Run from them as fast as you can.

6. kitsap_charly

kitsap_charly New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Kel-Tec was talking about offering 10-round mags a while back. Any chance they might finally do it? Even though you would not want something that long in most carry situations there could be exceptions.

7. Haku

Haku New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Texas
    I would even take an 8-round mag with a grip extension like the P-32 10-rounder. I think an 8-round in .380 would be the same length as the 10-round in .32.

8. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    OK, thanks for replies but 11 rounds in the 380 is appealing...has anyone taken the critical moving parts from a Kel-Tec factory mag and installed them in the 10 round promag magazine...not unreasonable considering the amount of Fluffing and Buffing that these pistols have seen ???

9. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    You might be able to get one to work, but I wouldn't bet on it. The only Promag that worked for me I sent to KelTekCajun when he bought his AR. With enough fluffing and buffing and cursing and screaming you may just get one function in an already finicky gun. That doesn't mean I would trust my life to it though. Maybe for a range toy...

10. chaos321

chaos321 New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    I don't think ProMag has made a reliable magazine for any manufacturer yet have they? Why is everyone obsessed with putting so many rounds in one mag? Why not just buy 2 extra mags to carry, and practice the mag swap over and over until you get it down to 1.5 seconds like all the 1911 users have to, since most of them only hold 7 rounds also? Just a thought?

11. Haku

Haku New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Texas
    I am still wiating for a Ray gun ;D then I will not have to reload.

12. Okeechobay

Okeechobay New Member

Dec 26, 2007
    I bought a Promag for my Armalite 5.56 M-15 in Sept. of '04 new in factory package. Put 30 rds. of good Lake City XM193 through it with 5 failures to feed. Mag was a 10 round (the AWB was in effect). Stuck in a La Belle mag without problem for the next 60 rds. Took the Promag home, disassembled, looked for burrs (none), cleaned it and returned to range some weeks later. Same excercise, with the Promag not feeding, but the LaBelle (and the rifle) feeding just fine. And, yes, the forward assist was used properly with both mags. No more Promags for me.

13. Bunker

Bunker New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    "I am still wiating for a Ray gun then I will not have to reload. "

I carry lots of extra AA cells for mine..The Dilithium crystal ones..

14. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Doesn't sound good....I'm tempted to drop $30 on one just to give it a try. I searched because the new Ruger 380 will have the option of a factory 8 round mag.

Kel-Tec.....you could sell 1000 8 or 10 round mags in a few months if you would just make one !!!!!

15. Knockster

Knockster New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Just bought the p 3at and love it. bought the 1 round extention mag and was able to get a second finger on the grip, liked the extra control. Tried the 10 round mag for the p32 in it just to see how it felt and loved being able to have the 3rd finger on the grip. It wasn't about the extra rounds for me, I just liked having the extra grip for better control of the gun. I hope Kel-tec does come out with a mag that long. Yes I do know the rounds don't fit, just tried the 10 rnd mag to see what it felt like and see if there would be any benefit to it.

16. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Where did you hear this? They only have 6 rounders on their web site. They list a 10 rounder for the SR9 but not the Elsie Pea.

17. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Where did you hear this? They only have 6 rounders on their web site. They list a 10 rounder for the SR9 but not the Elsie Pea.[/quote]

You know I could be wrong....there are a LOT of 380s being released this may have been for the TARUS 380 .....

KEL-TEC GET OFF YOUR BUTT...HOW MANY 8 OR 10 RD MAGS COULD YOU SELL FOR THE 380 !!!!!!!!!!!

18. kitsap_charly

kitsap_charly New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    I know where they could sell one. ::)

19. Cheez

Cheez New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I would buy a couple of the 10 round mags if KT sold them. If nothing else but to keep from relaoding as often at the range

20. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Where / how do we start that petition for an 8 or 10 round 380 mag???

Mods???