$1 Pocket Holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by asnider123, Sep 22, 2008.

1. asnider123

asnider123 New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Well, maybe not a holster, but I discovered a great way to tote a mouse gun. I was carrying a plastic tin of chew (jerkey that is) in my front Levi pocket, dropped my Beretta in the pocket and discovered that the jerkey tin was just the right size to keep my little shooter grip-up and ready to draw. It keeps my pistol stable, even when running, sitting, etc. It is amazing that it is so comfortable (much better than any pocket holster I have tried) and the round tin changes the look of the imprint so it no longer looks like a pistol. The P3AT is nearly identical in dimensions, so I thought some of you may find this interesting. ;D ;D

[​IMG]

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Naturally, it is you're choice, but the P3-AT has a considerably lighter and shorter trigger pull than does the Beretta in double action mode. Most folks do not recommend carrying a firearm in the pocket without a holster if you carry with a round in the chamber. Also, most of us will strongly advise against carrying anything in the pocket that holds your pistol except for the holster that it is in. See this link for an example of an accidental discharge of a pistol carried in a position not all that different than pocket carry. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=393304 :'(

3. asnider123

asnider123 New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Point taken. I was carrying with empty chamber, uncocked, and safety on. Nevertheless, accidents can happen. I have mended my ways.

Besides, I failed to take into consideration the problem of 'dust bunnies' in the barrel ::)

4. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Wise choice asnider ;-)

5. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    Despite your transgressions, I still like your Beretta. I want one. A .32 like yours.   :p