Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

+1 or grip extender

3K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  82boy 
#1 ·
+1 & +3 dimention help

Anyone have a height dimention for the +1 extention and the +3 mag (extention portion)?
Been carring mine for some years now and would like the option time to time, but need to measure if the +1 would support my pinky or be a nuisence to it. If the +1 doesn't extend enough, then I'd have to go to the +3 mag. If the +3 is too much for what I'm wearing that day and I have to change clothing ideas.... then I would carry my PF-9.

#2 ·
Re: +1 & +3 dimention help

The +1 extension is the same length in the front as the plastic finger extension KT sells. Likewise, the +1 extension allows for a firm two finger grip on the P3AT. The nine round mag provides for a full three finger grip on the gun. IMO, the 9 rounder is best used at the range or in a mag pouch as a reload. As far as I'm concerned trying to use it for carry would defeat the purpose of the P3AT---ultra-concealability.

#7 ·
badgerjohnson said:
I got both and really like the grip extender. The 1 mag does not add additional grip purchase. Prob. better to carry 6+1. See my note about the +3 extender which is very nice for range use.
The +1 extension does add additional grip for me. The leading edge length of the mag with the plastic finger extension and the +1 extension are the same. With the flat 6 round mag base, only 1 1/2 of my fingers will fit on the grip. With both the plastic finger extension and the +1 extension, 2 of my fingers fit on the grip with my pinky curled underneath. I carry 7+1 all the time whether in my ankle holster, pocket holster, in the holster I use when carrying in the top of my boot, carrying with the belt clip, or when holstered in my leather vest. Neither the plastic finger extension nor the +1 extension cause any problems with carry or concealment for me. A large number of KTOGers use the +1 extension full time on their P3ATs. We like it so much we wish KT would make a +1 extension for our PF-9s as well.

#8 ·
billjohnso20 said:
I carry 7+1 all the time...

A large number of KTOGers use the +1 extension full time on their P3ATs. We like it so much we wish KT would make a +1 extension for our PF-9s as well.
Big +1 fan.   :cool:

I like the flat-faced profile for an extra finger's worth of grip that adds practically nothing to the gun...  except an extra round.   :cool:

P32NAA, parkerized with +1 extension

I think the extended grip 9 round mag would hamper the wonderfully effortless pocket carry of the P3s.  However, for other carry methods, it would be nice, offering even more grip and an amazing 10 rd capacity.

[edit][smiley=smiley_down.gif]   Duplicate thread spliced below.   [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [/edit]

#11 ·
The +1 is perfect as is...  Minimalist approach in the smallest size possible for reduced print.  Smooth/rounded edges for anti-snag.  Flat-faced with no hook that puts downward pressure on the mag.  Ugly?  Functionally, it is a thing of beauty.  Who sees it in your pocket?  Yes, it comes with a spring. I'd love to see one exactly like it for the PF9. :cool:

#13 ·
Alright TX, just viewed a pic U posted on thread 'finish for daily carry', the one that also has the sig .357 barrel in it.
What's that I sees on the bottom of your P3at... looks like a +1mag extention and a pinky extention added to the bottom of it, and some sort of addition to the rear of it all to fill in the normally ugly gap in order to match the rear profile of the grip??

#14 ·
the plus 1 round extension is awesome for two reasons-it adds another round and gives me just enough to "hold" on to to make the gun easier to control AND it still comes out of my pocket without a hitch.

There are occasionally issues with the magazine that require you to do alittle "fitting" to get it to actually hold the extra round. Don't get scared as it's really easy. If you go to the following link you will see a detailed description ( to include pictures) that tells you EXACTLY WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT. It should take about 3 minutes to fix it. I purchased 4 of these mag extensions for me and my friends and had to do the "mod" to all of them but I purchased mine like the week they came out. Maybe the newer ones don't need the "fix"! Take a look at the link-it's painfully simple to do.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/magext.htm

#15 ·
spark said:
What's that I sees on the bottom of your P3at...  looks like a +1mag extention  and  a pinky extention added to the bottom of it,   and   some sort of addition to the rear of it all to fill in the normally ugly gap in order to match the rear profile of the grip??
Hard chrome P11 with blued P40 slide also in pic + hard chrome 40 cal & 357sig cal barrels:

First off, that's a P11 and not a P3AT.  What you are seeing is a S&W 59 series 12 rd mag with the KT spacer for said mag.  

Regarding the P3AT +1 extension, the "ugly gap" to which you refer is an anti-snag design feature.  This is a pocket pistol - not a barbeque gun.  Less is more.   ;)

[smiley=smiley_down.gif]  This  [smiley=smiley_down.gif]

copterdrvr said:
the plus 1 round extension is awesome for two reasons-it adds another round and gives me just enough to "hold" on to to make the gun easier to control AND it still comes out of my pocket without a hitch.

#17 ·
All my mags are +1 ext. I love the feel and does not reduce the concealability of the gun. I front pocket carry with my ARMALASER, ALWAYS!

#18 ·
TxCajun said:
The +1 is perfect as is...  Minimalist approach in the smallest size possible for reduced print.  Smooth/rounded edges for anti-snag.  Flat-faced with no hook that puts downward pressure on the mag.  Ugly?  Functionally, it is a thing of beauty.  Who sees it in your pocket?  Yes, it comes with a spring.  [highlight]I'd love to see one exactly like it for the PF9.[/highlight]   :cool:
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I have the finger extension on my PF-9. I know KT could make a +1 extension for the PF-9 that would be the same length in the front of the grip while adding that extra round all of us PF-9 owners keep hoping for. I know KT has the ability and that there is the demand for it.

#22 ·
spark said:
Thanks fellas, especially the pics.
I suppose I'll opt for the +1 mag extention but,  could they make mine even uglier? :-X
Do we get a new spring with the +1 mag extention?  If so, maybe I'll fabricate or machine my own.
Spark,
Impact guns makes and sells a +1 extension for the Ruger LCP. It is made of nylon but it is a but larger than the Kel-Tec +1 extension. With some fitting it would work fine. You may also need to call Ruger and buy the Ruger magazine base plate (the piece that fits on the bottom of the mag spring that locks the magazine base in place) since their base plate it slightly different than the KT magazine base plate.

I know with fitting the Ruger +1 extension will fit the KT mag. Ruger stole KT's design. I used to own a 1st Gen LCP. I used a KT +1 extension on the LCP I had with no problems. I had to use a KT magazine base plate but that was no problem. Here's the link:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/IMP-LCP+1.html

#26 ·
All of the discussion in this thread led me to the decision to do some experimenting. I ordered a 9 round Bersa Thunder 380 Deluxe magazine today. I will be doing the following:

1) Attempt to create a working +2 extension for my P3AT.

2) Due to the size and shape of the Bersa +2 extension, I am also going to see if I can create a working +1 or +2 extension for my PF-9. If it will fit, I will have to purchase a S&W 9mm spring but, if it works . . . . . :cool:

I'll start a new thread wherever appropriate once I experience success or failure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.