+1 magazine extension vs. grip extension

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by John_W, Dec 24, 2007.

1. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    I have a new P3AT and am wanting to get either the +1 magazine extension, or one of the finger grip extensions. The question is, which? Or should I just skip both?

I understand that some people have had a few problems crop up at least with the grip extensions, specifically magazines dropping, and also magazine bodies cracking (at least while using the metal magazine catches, which I don't have at present)...

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1197751517/0#0

Has anyone experienced these kinds of issues with the +1 magazine extensions as well? All things being equal, if they're going to be reliable I'd just as soon have an extra round...

2. tommy51s

tommy51s New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Kansas City
    I can't comment on the +1, but I love my Bersa finger grip extension. Without it my ring finger used to only half cover the grip, but with it both of my middle fingers snugly and comfortably keep the P3 under nice control. The only downside is that the "pointy" extension tends to print more noticeably than the stock magazine base in my front pocket.

3. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Thanks, tommy.

I've been reading up on people's experiences... so far I think I'm leaning towards the +1 extension...

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    get one of each, try them both, sell the one you do not like.

that is the only way to know for sure, and you will have no problem selling the other one here.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

5. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    That's pretty good advice, thanks.

I may actually start out with the +1 though and just see if I like it. If I do, there may be no need to spend the postage for the other when I can use the $ to buy a few rounds of ammo. ;)

6. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Personally, I use both. The one in the gun is +1. The spare has the finger extension.

7. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I used the Bersa mag extensions at first. I liked them and they helped a lot with my grip. No complaints at all.

When I discovered the +1 mag extensions, though, I bought two and never looked back. They also help with my grip and give me an extra round. I pocket carry with the extensions in place and they don't print any more than without any extension.

8. Hawkjm

Hawkjm New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    anyone know where online to get one of these +1 extensions? everywhere seems to be sold out and kel tecs site is down.

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    KT is closed until 1/7/08.

10. scoutdog71

scoutdog71 New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    I've been using a KT +1 extension on my P-3AT for about 8 months now with no problems, & it gives you a positive two finger grip. I recommend it!

11. Hawkjm

Hawkjm New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    are the p32 and p3at +1 extensions the same? I see some places listing them seperately and some saying they are the same part.

12. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    I've shot a gun with the NAA extensions...it is nicer, and more secure, I'll admit. But my personal gun is extension-less...Mr. Kelgren and company did amazing work getting it as small as it is, so I prefer to keep it that way. I'm toying with the idea of the +1 extension though...

13. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    +1...  extension, that is.  :cool: