+1 mag plate broke

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by number9, Nov 20, 2008.

1. number9

number9 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Got my spare mag and two +1 mag extensions in today (picking the gun up tomorrow). When I put the +1 extension on I found that the stamped mag plate's tang, that is meant to catch in the hole on the bottom of the plastic +1 extension, wasn't bent out enough to properly capture the extension and keep it on the mag. I tried to bend the tang out a little more to resolve this and the dang plate broke in half. You guys think some JB Weld would hold this thing together, or do you have any other ideas to repair it? I doubt Kel-tec would help me out since I broke it.

[​IMG]

2. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Call them, Kel Tec will fix it for ya. They'll send you a new one I bet.

Rick

3. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Good idea. KT is very good that way. Welcome to KTOG. Let us know when ya get her.

tr

4. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    From what I've read here about their customer service I bet they will replace it without a problem. It was after all defective in the first place. You wouldn't have broken it if it was right in the first place. Good luck.

5. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    By the way Number9, The +1 extension is a good idea. I have one on mine, and like having that extra round. Bought an extra mag yesterday, and came back and immediately ordered a +1 extension from Joe in the trading post.

Gotta ask, are you a Beatle's fan? Number 9, Number 9, Number 9

6. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Yup, I'll just call KT and ask for a replacement. If only airline customer service was as good as KT's. It's nice to have companies that really care about their customers.

7. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Mine wasn't perfect either, my tang was too big for the hole :eek:. Something so simply like that shouldn't need tweeked to get it to work.

8. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    The other part of the extension isn't plastic, it is anodized aluminum.