+1 mag extention- not for me, Armalaser- OH YES!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Eric_in_Nola, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Eric_in_Nola

Eric_in_Nola New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I reciently put a + 1 extention on my carry mag. Thing worked as advertised, smooth instal, no changes in operations. Unfortunetly I found that the slight extension was just enough extra length that the +1 adaptor kept getting caught in my pants pocket and fouling my draw. For the record, I'm 5/'11 , 210 lbs and wear 36-38 in waist pants w/ slash pockets - think dockers or business casual pants.

Despite all types of attempted techniques i just could not get a smooth draw and it was diminsing my confidence that I would be able to deploy my lil friend in the event of a "life chaning event." AT lunch I went home and put the mag back to factory config.

Please don't take this as a complaint about the extention- it works as advertised and depending on your build, daily clothing and method of carry your milage may vary. I am planning on picking up a 2nd mag this weekend and will put the +1 on it for a range mag.

I also just put an armalaser on my lil friend- WOW I love it, can't be easier to use and also works as advertised.

2. PackinPastor

PackinPastor Guest

Re: +1 mag extention- not for me, Armalaser- OH YE

Love my Armalaser too!  If you prefer pocket carry, I have found that the Desantis Nemesis with the stitching removed works great with the Armalaser.   :cool:
    [​IMG]

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Re: +1 mag extention- not for me, Armalaser- OH YE

Just received my Armalaser and installed it. Have not had a chance to go to range with it yet, but am looking forward to the trip. Also have the same holster and will probably modify per your post. Thanks for your info. Tom :)