Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the +1 mag extension first came out, I thought that people were having problems with them, rounds nose diving, etc.

I have not seen anything on this lately. I just ordered three of them to install on my existing 7 rounds magazines. Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
The Rear Piece (part #2?) is near impossible to remove once it's been snapped in, so the main thing to remember is to verify that the spring is not bound up and that the mag will accept all 8 rounds before attaching the rear piece.

You can even hand cycle the mag a few times before attaching the rear piece to check for feeding problems.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Rear Piece (part #2?) is near impossible to remove once it's been snapped in, so the main thing to remember is to verify that the spring is not bound up and that the mag will accept all 8 rounds before attaching the rear piece.

You can even hand cycle the mag a few times before attaching the rear piece to check for feeding problems.
Thanks, Rob. Very helpful info. You may have just saved me a lot of grief.:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the info! Does anyone know why the od green +1 ext. is still out of stock on their website? I keep trying to order one but they are always out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can try calling them. I wanted a belt clip for my PF9 that was listed as out of stock on the website. I called them just to see if perhaps the site wasn't updated, and sure enough they had them in stock.

As always they were quick to process my order and I got my clip a few days later.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ok good deal...I'll give them a call tomorrow

·
Registered
27 Posts
Properly installed, they work fantastic. The extra round is nice, but the lnger grip is nicer :D
Make sure to note the direction of the spring and how the parts go back together. The cap is a b%^&* to get off if you mess it up. Also, check inside the mag body for any burrs or dirt etc before you snap this thing together. Save yourself a headache later.

·
Banned
319 Posts
i think im going to try and order the whole +1 magazine. ill call kel tec and see if there is one in stock. good to have two magazines!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think im going to try and order the whole +1 magazine. ill call kel tec and see if there is one in stock. good to have two magazines!!
I would have done that,but already have 3 7 round mags.

·
Registered
110 Posts
One other thing to try before making the +1 exptension permanent--is how it will affect your carry of the pistol.

I use mostly pocket carry. Grip length really affects how well the gun fits in a pocket. I like the way the pinkie extension on the mag feels when I shoot it, but even that extra length on the grip made it uncomfortable in my pocket.

If you use mostly IWB carry, it probably won't make a difference. But if you pocket carry, make sure the grip legnth won't be an issue.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One other thing to try before making the +1 exptension permanent--is how it will affect your carry of the pistol.

I use mostly pocket carry. Grip length really affects how well the gun fits in a pocket. I like the way the pinkie extension on the mag feels when I shoot it, but even that extra length on the grip made it uncomfortable in my pocket.

If you use mostly IWB carry, it probably won't make a difference. But if you pocket carry, make sure the grip legnth won't be an issue.
Good Point. I do both,pocket carry when my shirt is tucked and OWB when not tucked. I will make sure to check how the mag extension effects my pocket carry.

I suppose I could put the extension on 2 of my 7 round mags for use as OWB carry and keep the original pinkie extension on my third mag for pocket carry

·
Registered
6 Posts
My gun ran perfectly before I put on the plus one extension. With the extension on, the mag falls out of the gun about every other shot, but if I hold it in with my pinky the gun runs fine. 3 emails to Kel Tec and no response from them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts