Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received and installed my +1 magazine extension today. I can load 7 rounds into the mag, but it will not seat into the pistol. If I only load 6 rounds, it seats. Did I screw something up or do I just need to give the spring time to break in? 2nd gen KT P3AT.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
2thman said:
I received and installed my +1 magazine extension today.  I can load 7 rounds into the mag, but it will not seat into the pistol.  If I only load 6 rounds, it seats.  Did I screw something up or do I just need to give the spring time to break in?  2nd gen KT P3AT.
Mine did the same thing. I has to cut 1 1/2 links off the spring, sand down the base of the follower about 1/32-1/16, and sand the sides of the follower just enough for it to move freely in the mag. Each one takes a little fitting to get it to work. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It wasn't necessary to custom fit my +1 ext. For kicks and grins I'd take the mag back apart and reassemble again. Clean and lube the spring, and make sure the base attaches correctly per the installation instructions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. I took it apart, cleaned and lubricated the spring, reassembled. Same problem. I think I will call KT before I start cutting the spring. Any other ideas? Did I just get a bad one?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the replacement extension in today. It worked just like it was supposed to with zero modifications. I guess it wasn't me after all. Thanks for the suggestions though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.