+1 mag extender

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by lee4019, Jul 25, 2009.

1. lee4019

lee4019 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Does anybody have a link to a website that sells the +1 mag extender? all i've been finding is finger extensions.
    thanks

2. jlm741

jlm741 New Member

May 20, 2009

3. frankalm

frankalm New Member

May 29, 2009
    gunbroker.com $14.49 + $4.00 shipping

4. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009
    What???

When did Kel-Tec stop making them?? This is news to me. I hope they are still making them!

They have never been listed on the KT website AFAIK, you have to call them and ask for it.

My LGS keeps them in stock. He usually gives one away for free with purchase of a P3AT or P32.

5. lee4019

lee4019 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks for the info! I ordered 2 extenders and a extra mag, also got a box of Cor Bon DPX for when I start carry, after Break-in.

6. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I ordered mine off the Kel-Tec website last fall!

Craig

7. XsYang

XsYang New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    I just got mine in the mail today from Kel-Tec! :cool:

8. frankalm

frankalm New Member

May 29, 2009
    lee4019, where did you end up getting them from??

9. jlm741

jlm741 New Member

May 20, 2009
    Ordered mine Thursday, receieved Saturday. Had I known how much extra grip they give, I would not have ever ordered the finger extensions!! So far I love them, but the trip to the range will be the final factor. Has anyone had issues with the plus ones?

10. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009
    No problems other than the +1 being a little tall and could cause problems on some pistols.

Mine was harder to lock the mag in fully and eventually the mag release got stripped from shooting it with the mag not fully seated.

I replaced it with a metal release and the mag wouldnt lock in at all. I had to file down the top of the +1.

Other than that, they are great.  

11. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    I called KT and ordered 2 +1's over the phone. I had the same problem with the metal magazine release. After a close inspection, I noticed much more material above the groove, where it slides onto the magazine, than the factory floor plate. I took some 600 grit sand paper, on a flat surface, and sanded the top of the +1 until it fit like I wanted it. Now it's great.

12. lee4019

lee4019 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    OK got the extenders and put one on. I got a space between the L plate and extender. Is that normal? It fits in the grip and works perfect, There's just enough of the tab to catch the hole in the bottom of the extender. If anybody has a link or pic of the back of the mag might help.

thanks

13. dacbeth

dacbeth New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I would think by now that Keltic is allowing a little wiggle room on the fit so that the problem others have had where the mag won't seat will no longer happen.

Sounds like yours is okay since it seats properly.

14. rjwiggall

rjwiggall New Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Those of you with the mag extender, doesn't that make it a little bit harder to pull out of the pocket? I have the finger extension, but that 1+ extender looks like it'd catch on the inside of your pocket...

15. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    It depends on the pocket. I have 2 mags. One is stock and the other has the +1 extension. My work pants pockets are fine with the extension. There are some pants that I use the stock mag. The gun prints less with the stock mag also.

Craig

16. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    RJ, I carry both in front pockets (tight and loose) with pocket holsters, and rear pockets with wallet holster, always with the +1 extension. There is no impedence to drawing because of the extension. If anything, it helps, as there is more surface to grab. Plus, when you are drawing, your fingers cover the extension, so it can't grab anything. Practice drawing with every holster you use in different pants until it's second nature.

Lee and RJ...Welcome to KTOG! Enjoy your new little friends.

tr

17. XsYang

XsYang New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    I have one and it does not catch on the inside of my pants with the Superfly holster. I stopped carrying it in the gun a couple of days ago because I would like to try out a couple of magazines full to make sure it feeds okay. Right now it is my left pocket mag.

18. lee4019

lee4019 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks for all the welcomes! It seems that the extender only adds about a half inch, my wallet holster still hides it!