Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a +1 extension kit from a local shop last week. This past weekend I headed back to the range for my second session with the P-3AT (and the new +1). You may recall my post about my first session at the range (with original mag), which was flawless with no FTE's or FTF's. This time, after about 3 Mags full of UMC, I started to get repeated FTF's and a few FTE's.

When I got home, just for grins, I disassembled the +1 mag and discovered that the spring supplied in the kit had broken about 1/2 way down its length.

I can understand this causing FTF's.... but could it have anything at all to do with FTE's? It seems unlikely to me, but I'm certainly not a pocket gun expert and have only just recently returned to owning and shooting handguns after a 20 year hiatus.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Welcome to KTOG, Dick! Call KT service:

1-800-515-9983. They will mail you a new +1 mag spring. If that clears up all the problems then you are good to go. In the meantime, check your Franken bolt for tightness and make sure your extractor is sharp enough to draw blood--if not, order that for free also.

Packer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.