A four-foot 11-inch, 105-pound grandmother in New Hampshire tapped in her Kel Tec late Monday night and whistled up some mugger repellant for a would-be repeat offender.
The pistol packing senior, commonly called "Granny Oakley" found herself face to face with a young man, Michael Bontaites, 23, (with no fixed address), outside her apartment in Manchester around 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 6. She believed the man followed her from a nearby gas station where she had stopped earlier in the night....
Kel-Tec Owner's Group - The Community for Kel-Tec Shooters
- LATEST in Kel-Tec Saves Lives - 65-year old 'Granny Oakley' uses P32 to stop mugging
- LATEST in Kel-Tec Technical - DIY Duracoat Camo made easy
- LATEST in Kel-Tec Technical - How the new RM380 stacks up against KTs
- LATEST in 2nd Amendment Issues/News - Congress weighs assault weapon ban again
- LATEST in Kel-Tec Technical - Thoughts on 'breaking in' a new handgun
In many ways, I am an inside outsider. That sounds strange I know, but stick with me!
I was born in the UK in '77 and grew up watching the best of US tv shows and movies. Star Wars, Knight Rider, The A Team, WWF, Sly and Arnie movies.. you get the idea. So when I moved to the US when I was 29, I already had a love of the US culture, but was experiencing the total immersion for the first time.