KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > The Counter > Why I hate living in Arizona

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Doc Holliday
Grand Poobah

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Default Why I hate living in Arizona

Been here 13 years so far.

Love the gun rights we enjoy here, but I am so sick and tired of the summers. There's the constant stink and the sweat of the heat and never being able to get cooled off. There is always the dust and the dirt blowing in the wind, never any fresh, cool breezes to enjoy. Everything is brown and dull, no life, no water. There's never any shade here, either. When a bush grows to 5' or more, they call it a 'tree'. That's not a tree, it's a joke.

I want to live somewhere I can sit under a tree and look out over a lake, where there is a change of seasons, not a lot of snow in the winter, someplace with green grass and fresh air.

I have to get out of here or I am going to go insane.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
illogicalmethods2
Grand Poobah
KOG_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default Re: Why I hate living in Arizona

Pennsylvania has reasonable gun laws, they can always be improved, but they are what they are right now.

Some think the winters are bad here, but honestly they are nothing.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
Toforo
Grand Poobah

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to Toforo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
Been here 13 years so far.

Love the gun rights we enjoy here, but I am so sick and tired of the summers. There's the constant stink and the sweat of the heat and never being able to get cooled off. There is always the dust and the dirt blowing in the wind, never any fresh, cool breezes to enjoy. Everything is brown and dull, no life, no water. There's never any shade here, either. When a bush grows to 5' or more, they call it a 'tree'. That's not a tree, it's a joke.

I want to live somewhere I can sit under a tree and look out over a lake, where there is a change of seasons, not a lot of snow in the winter, someplace with green grass and fresh air.

I have to get out of here or I am going to go insane.
Older sister moved out to phoenix 10 years ago to live with some schmuck who can't find work..... I don't get it!

Brother (who can't find job anywhere - his problem) moved out there with his wife 4 years ago - thank God his wife is independently wealthy or they couldn't afford it. Their house is the last occupied McMansion on a street of now empty/foreclosed McMansions.... I STILL don't get it!

Parents moved out there 2 years ago (at least they can afford it, lol) but everytime I talk to my mom all I hear is "It's SO hot" and "why don't you come visit?"

DOH - I Spent too much time in the desert and the southwest for training in the Navy - I'll go out there for funerals.

Phone relationships with MY family are fine with me!

8-)

Old 05-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
fez
Grand Poobah

Liked 120 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Come to florida.By no means perfect but I like palm tress.You are better off on the coast somewhere not inland.Nice sea breezes.Humid yes but it beats ice and snow by a long shot.To be truthfull you get about 7-8 months of temperate weather.2 months hot.2 sweltering. Also down right chilly and cold spells in the winter.Just enough to remember what you are missing ;D

Here lies Lester Moore.Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
haugrdr
Grand Poobah
KOG_MODERATOR.png

Liked 841 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Quote:
Originally Posted by fez
Come to florida.By no means perfect but I like palm tress.You are better off on the coast somewhere not inland.Nice sea breezes.Humid yes but it beats ice and snow by a long shot.To be truthfull you get about 7-8 months of temperate weather.2 months hot.2 sweltering. Also down right chilly and cold spells in the winter.Just enough to remember what you are missing ;D
This [smiley=smiley_up.gif]

Plus you can ride pretty much year around.
"It is...what it is"

Old 05-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Hannibal

Move to Virginia, I lived in Hampton and Newport News both and LOVED it. Right on the chesapeake, 15mins to the ocean (providing the HRBT isn't backed up) and 15mins to the woods. Has the weather of a farther south state, with the slight possibility of snow, sometimes it sprinkles snow, never sticks.

An hour from NC, and hour from richmond/the backwoods, 2 hours from D.C. I can't say enough about it. I wish my wife enjoyed it half as much as I did

Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
timothius
Grand Poobah

Doc,

We live in Silver City , NM. Frankly it just doesn't any better than this and the gun laws are great. We live at 6000 ft and it is warm and dry in the summer and can get quite cold in the winter. If there is a problem, it is the lack of shopping facilities. we only have an Albertson's and a Shurefine Food Basket. and a Super Chinamart. We have nice businesses in town and a real downtown. Take a weekend and come visit it is small and if that is what you're looking for you may like it. Our Blues festival is the last weekend in May so get your reservations in now, as this little town fills up fast!

Best

Tim

Old 05-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
burley
Grand Poobah

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I love Kansas. Rolling hills ,4 seasons, lush green spaces, meandering creeks, tons for farm ponds,several large lakes. Hunting and fishing paradise.
We lived on this farm for 11 years.

After the fire we settled on moving closer to town(20 miles,saves big on gas) and still have a nice view;

Old 05-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #9
alzona

Yes, I HATE Arizona. So does everyone who lives here. We are all miserable. Do yourselves a favor and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT move here. It's horrible and hot and you will be kidnapped and beheaded by an illegal as soon as you cross state lines. Or worse. As I write this a wildfire threatens to wipe out my home, so I hope I can send this before it creeps beyond my porch. Spread the word, Arizona is terrible, especially Northern Arizona.

At least that's what I tell people when they ask. In reality I really enjoy the Northern climes with the pine trees, running water, large boulders, mountain passes and mazes of canyons, not to mention the year-round average temperature of 75 degrees. Maybe because I've lived here forever and a day and my family goes back to 1912 I get all the more tired of the influx of clueless Californians and overbaked snowbirds. The old ranch hands and the small town friendly waves have all but given out and my days of backpacking for days on end without seeing another soul are all but gone. So do me a favor and tell everyone how crappy AZ can be and do your part to keep the urban sprawl to a minimum. Thank you.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
spence13e
Grand Poobah

Well, AZ is one place I wouldn't MIND living! Then again, hot doesn't bother me, nor brown. It's such a lovely dry heat!

Joe, the only problem with Kansas is that we seem to get the worst of heat/humid combo AND periodic cold as hell winters with a LACK of snow most winters. Wouldn't trade it for the world, but sometimes I wonder about myself.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > The Counter