You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of thektog.org    
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > The Counter >

Insert Your Own Ramble Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 03:10 AM   #12531
850sub
Grand Poobah

Liked 367 Times on 310 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Here's to all the Mothers, Fathers, family and friends.
Those who don't believe, and those who will again.
Faith, love, tradition. Honor, courage, sacrifice.
Good luck and God's speed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #12532
HatRon56
Grand Poobah
KOG_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 142 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 1060

Jab, you will always have friends that care...Peace ...

Old 05-17-2017, 03:23 AM   #12533
circlehawk
Grand Poobah

Liked 110 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Sorry for your losses jab. We all have faith in you and your ability to get through this.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #12534
JAB
Grand Poobah

Liked 378 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Thanks, guys. It really is much appreciated. I am lucky enough to have a few, close (non 'virtual') friends who are there for support when I need them, too. Heck, my ex wife and her sister are still two of my best friends and we all still consider each other 'family' - they came to the hospital to sit with me and gave me a ride home. Then there are a few people I have been friends with since high school. They are 'family', too. My actual sister is my neighbor. She lives just up the road and my niece - who graduates high school this year and wants to be a nurse - has been helping me with wound care. So I appreciate the support from you guys and I do have real life support. Life goes on, one way or another - until it doesn't and then we don't have to worry about it. I'm in no hurry to get to that point, though.

I also know that things could be worse. At least I do still have my place to live in and I hadn't really moved any of my stuff, yet. Just about the only things of mine I had already taken down there were my few, basic leather working tools. I am no professional, though - just a (very amateur) hobbyist so I didn't have anything too high dollar or very hard to replace. I was kind of working on a few things that I was being really careful with and hoped would be my best work, yet but I can start over on those when I am ready and I will, just probably not immediately.

My ex wife also said, while she was sorry for what happened with my mom, if it had to happen that it was probably best she had already passed. As I said, Mom was bedridden at the end and my mom was not a light person. She was a bit overweight but she was also just a large framed, fairly muscular lady and she didn't lose much weight even with aggressive chemo, radiation and the cancer. She still weighed over 200 pounds when she passed and, as she was pretty much dead weight by that point, it took at least myself and my fifteen year old nephew just to move her around in the bed so my niece and sister could clean her up and we could change the bed linens and so on. Christi (my ex) said, "Because if your mama had still been there and was bedridden you wouldn't be here, right now. You wouldn't have been able to get her out by yourself and I know you - there is no way in hell you would have left her so you would have stood right there beside her and burned up with her trying to get her out." And she is probably right - heck, that was my mom. Who wouldn't?

Last edited by JAB; 05-17-2017 at 03:06 PM.
phideaux Likes This 
Old Today, 05:25 AM   #12535
darkwriter77
Grand Poobah

Liked 772 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 481

Sooooo, totally random ... I've come to realize what my favorite carry pieces are as of late, and why, based not so much upon whatever emotional or logical basis there might be, but rather by how often they actually get carried. As of late, it's been (in order of favoritism ):

Main On-Duty (driving to/from work - actual duty gun is an M&P40): Glock 40, without a doubt. The 10mm out of this platform offers mild recoil (even with "proper" 10mm loads), a decent trigger (after some polishing, Wolff springs, and NDZ 3.5 trigger bar), good barrier penetration (being able to shoot through glass or car doors seems important in this role, since it's 90% for driving to/from work and maybe 10% stopping for gas), and just because my co-workers get a hoot out the size of "Glockzilla" ;
Main Off-Duty Carry: Sig P320C with Subcompact grip frame - the grip length is equal to a Glock 26 but holds 2 extra rounds, and just by slapping in a 15-round Compact-size mag with an X-Grip adapter, POOF! I magically have a G19-sized P320C without changing grip frames;
Backup: Ruger LCP stainless - Sadly, I think my hard-chromed Gen1 Kel-Tec P32 has finally been replaced as a favorite pocket piece, since the Hogue Hybrid grip and the updated trigger actually FINALLY makes the LCP shootable enough for semi-regular practice, and it's not noticeably heavier or bigger than the P32 (unlike the LCP II in every way);
Walkin'/Joggin' Gun: Still the hard-chromed P32 ... just 'cause I can't give up my love for it. And because it's still a tad lighter than the LCP, with a 10-round mag option. And I still have the other Gen1 (blued) stuck underneath my computer desk with a magnet;
Range Toy: Ruger Mark IV Hunter - because it makes me appear to be some kind of super-accurate marksman or something by producing super-tight, really neat groupings, even though my accuracy is probably only "okay" at best with everything else.

Anyway. Just throwing that out there for no reason at all.
Old Today, 11:04 AM   #12536
FLT
Grand Poobah

Liked 78 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 485

Sounds reasonable to me, I keep a P32 for when every thing else is to big. But my favorite for around the house and dock is an air weight Smith & Wesson with a shot shell loaded for the first round. ( for snakes and such ) when I head into the city I prefer a 40 caliber glock but am starting to favore a 357 sig over the 40. Enough so that I've bought sig barrels for my 27 and 22. The 10 MM is a great caliber but I have a hard time concealing one with out it printing. I have tried other pistols over the years but I seem to fall back to those most of the time.

Old Today, 11:31 AM   #12537
darkwriter77
Grand Poobah

Liked 772 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 481

Basically, this setup with the P320C, but with an Apex flat trigger (it looks/feels a lot more "proper" in-person than in pictures):

Insert Your Own Ramble Here - The Counter

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > The Counter