Some brief range notes from today's range time:
1. The Performance Center Shield 9mm has only one "flaw" - the ported barrel somehow directs the sound right back at the shooter, so it's freakin' LOUD. Otherwise, though, it shoots like a dream;
2. Tried four different muzzle brakes in a row on the RAS47 (first time finally getting it out, ran flawlessly). Verrrrry slight improvement in felt recoil with the Miculek-style brake versus the AK74-style brake, but the difference between the slant brake and AK74 brake is HUGE;
3. For whatever bizarre reason, forcing myself to focus sharply upon the front sight made my groupings significantly better with the M&P40 and actually made them WORSE (wayyyyyy straight left) with the Glock 19. Seems the more I shoot the G19 anymore, the worse I get with it. Weird.
4. Still love the G40 to pieces. No complaints ... except for ammo prices.
5. The M85 NP is pretty much the same bit of fun as the M92 PAP, just with less recoil and (from what I could see) less muzzle flash. I'm horribly inaccurate with both, even at 25 yards, but they're fun, and they just plain work;
6. Sunglasses, factory sights, and an overcast sky do not go together well. Can't see diddly. Who'da thunk it?
7. Shooting with leather search gloves (it was COLD) = more comfortable shooting, but also leads to way more fumbling;
8. Debating on whether I should upgrade the triggers on my Glocks. Even the stock M&P40's trigger feels significantly better (although squishy) - really noticeable when shooting one then the other and back again. Heck, might even swap out the trigger on the M&P40 to an M&P Pro or Apex, if it'll be more like the PC Shield's trigger - that thing is niiiiiiice;
9. Something something dark side something something complete;
10. A "meh" day at the range beats an awesome day at work.