KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > The Counter > Gun questions in Doctor's office questionaire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 04:07 AM   #21
Uncle_Jesse

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Re: Gun questions in Doctor's office questionaire

When I put on my tin foil hat it tells me this is tied into Obama care and when they can get an "expert" to decide that people who have guns in the house are more likely to get hurt they will be able to raise your insurance rates. Another back door way to make gun ownership harder.

On the other hand I was at my Dr a while back and when she weighed me a comment was made I had gained a few pounds ( she has been nagging me to lose a few) I removed my 1911 and spare mag and asked her if we should try it again. She is one of those hippy types and her eyes bugged out of her head but she said I did not need to get back on the scale.

I am sure there is a note in my file now :

Any Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have

jaegan Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #22
mrtonga22

Thats crazy....none of their damn business!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #23
GuyFawkes2008

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCajun
[quote author=North_Tex link=1307578133/0#2 date=1307579576]I'm afraid that this is another backdoor way of compiling a data base of firearm owners.
Nope, put away your tinfoil hat. *Medical records are confidential and they are not reporting that to anyone without your consent or a court order. *Besides, I doubt they are asking for make, model and serial number. *The obvious reason is that in their computerized system, your gun ownership creates a pop-up (a red flag or some sort), down the line if you come in for treatment of depression (suicide prevention) or some such. *Lots of doctors are going to computerized systems that raise red flags... for example, if you are taking two medications that somehow contratdict one another, or something is prescribed that you are allergic too, or if you exhibit symtoms of some disease for which you have a listed family history, etc. *These sytems are, in effect, another layer of protection for you and CYA for the doctor. *They are not some government conspiracy. *If you don't like the concept the simple solution is to answer no. *
[/quote]

Don't put away the tinfoil just yet.

Medical and other records are *supposed* to be confidential, but real world experience has shown that they are anything but, just like personal messages on cellphones.

Heinlein said something about freedom really meant just being able to tell some nosey folks where to stick their noses other than in your business.

The Constitution is quickly being rendered into toilet paper: warrantless searches, "sneak and peek" searches where a person is not even informed that their homes and cars have been broken in to by LEO, and secret panels where judges make decisions as to how far our rights extend on a case by case basis with no paper trail left for an appeal or even a FOIA request.

This whole mindset that the mouth-breathers have bought into of "safety at any price" is the single most dangerous threat this country has ever faced. Far more dangerous than any terrorist ever could be.

Diz iz mah brudder. He iz spezhals.

jaegan Likes This 
Old 07-21-2011, 01:53 AM   #24
shottingcouple

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

My Doc is pretty cool a couple years back I had to go in for sinus and I put my gun in the glove box and went in but still had on my holster. When he had me take my shirt off he saw the holster and asked me what kind I carried. I told him a M&P9c and he said that he carried one as well and we talked about guns for the next 20 minutes.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #25
dgroover

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxCajun View Post
Nope, put away your tinfoil hat. *Medical records are confidential and they are not reporting that to anyone without your consent or a court order.
Who do you think convinces the Computer Programmers to put questions on those forms that are not directly related to the reason you are at the Doctors Office. It will not be long before the Government will be taking over the Medical Records. When that happens, the Dept of Homeland Security will have access to the records. Gun Owners are already being called Terrorists. Just Who Do You Think Will Be The First To Get A Knock On The Door When They Start Collecting All of the Guns??? Anyone Stupid Enough to Volunteer That The Own A Gun on Their Medical Survey Form. So, What Did You Say About a Tin Foil Hat???

Last edited by 3wbdriver; 02-07-2013 at 02:43 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #26
JR37
Grand Poobah

Liked 180 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 161

I went to my doctor last week. The nurse asked me if I smoked or had ever smoked. She said that the new health care act required them to ask that question. She did not mention firearms at all.

Life is short, enjoy it
Jack

Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #27
lop
Grand Poobah
KOG_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 456 Times on 375 Posts

They wouldn't really need to ask me. I carry in the doctors office. Unless it is the dentist, they pretty much know I've got a gun on my hip. Been doing that for a few years now. Never an issue. Some times a comment, but never a problem.

Lop

So, do we have a count down clock for Fido '15?

Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #28
agbunk

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

My better half is a pediatrician. She will ask parents the gun in home questions if she suspects abuse or drug use. There's nothing on a form. If its obvious there is abuse of some kind, child services gets notified and its out of her hands. Doesn't happen often. In these cases, it comes down to her being a good judge of character.

As far as reporting things to the CDC, she said, "Well that ain't gonna happen!"

But what do you guys think about the above stuff. Seems reasonable to me. The end result if there is strong evidence of abuse is that the child get put into protective custody. These cases are rare! These cases are rare! But it happens. Asking about gun ownership in this case is part of a decision making process in her head to try and diagnose strange bruises or strange bone breaks and things like that.

Last edited by 3wbdriver; 02-07-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #29
cali201

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That question will be added and asked more in the future as legislation evolves to help identifiy and report those who may be of danger to others due to mental health issues. This is one of the areas that has been neglected in the past and now, as you know,raising questions due to past mass shootings. One of the areas the monkeys in DC are being asked to address as well as banning anything short of a flint lock. In the future when you go to a doctor, even one that is new to you, they will be able to access a national data base and find out that you do own firearms and being you are now at the doctor being treated for depression that perhaps you are a danger to yourself or others. Big brother will be watching..........no, not tin foil hat stuff but just read the news, read what people want to see happening to help control the violence. Obama just signed the "we can kill American cititzens with drones" if and when we want to. Things are changing people, questions are being asked for a reason. Soon one day medical professionals will be required to report those who they think might be a danger.......will it be you???

Old 02-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #30
haertig
Grand Poobah
KOG_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 529 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lop View Post
I carry in the doctors office. Unless it is the dentist, they pretty much know I've got a gun on my hip.
Why the exclusion for the dentist? My dentist gave me some of his tooth-picker-thingies saying they make good cleaners to get into the hard to reach areas of the gun.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > The Counter