KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > PF-9 > Wolff Springs for PF-9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 02:53 AM   #1
pocketdrummer

Default Wolff Springs for PF-9

A monopoly is never a good thing. Unfortunately, with many Kel-tec parts, that's the situation at hand and the PF-9 is especially plagued by this. At the moment, the only manufacturer of springs and magazines for the Kel-Tec PF-9 is Kel-Tec. That's not to say that Kel-Tec's prices are unfair, it simply leaves us with very little options for replacements or upgrades.

The best way to fix this problem is to express an interest to aftermarket companies. As you may have guessed by the title, I have my sights set on Wolff Springs. My recent problem with my mag springs shrinking 1/3 of their intended length after 400 rounds is why I'd like a 2nd option.

So, if you're interested helping expand our choices please head over to Wolff Springs and send them an e-mail letting them know you're interested. Even if you never plan on buying them, it's good to have the option.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
Mikelecka
Grand Poobah
KOG_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have to say, I can't hardly tell difference in Wolff over KT , but I am a novice. The KT spring O.D. seems larger than Wolff . The Wolff is tucked up around the recoil rod tighter. Less scuffing/scratching inside slide/frame area where rod and spring is.. I did order some 16 lb for kt380 but have not used them yet. It's a definite high quality but Kt's are free. Could be a lot more helpful with Wolff in pf9...

Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
TxCajun
Administrator
KOG_ADMIN.png

Liked 242 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketdrummer View Post
My recent problem with my mag springs shrinking 1/3 of their intended length after 400 rounds is why I'd like a 2nd option.
All mag springs take a set. Unlike some makers, Kel-tec uses high quality silicon springs. Although the early PF9 springs were sometimes problematic, in the versions made the last few years, we just about never see problems and they last a couple thousand rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketdrummer View Post
So, if you're interested helping expand our choices please head over to Wolff Springs and send them an e-mail letting them know you're interested. Even if you never plan on buying them, it's good to have the option.
I have to say, Wolfe springs for the P3AT are a disappointment. They do offer "extra power springs." However, they wear much faster than (free) KT stock springs. Testing from several members has proven this to be true. As far as Wolfe Springs and Kel-tec, the only springs they make that have proven very useful are the extra power springs for the P40.

P32, P32NAA, P3AT, PF9, P11/40/357Sig, Sub2K9, Sub9, SU16C + More to come.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #4
pocketdrummer

I keep hearing that "free" word thrown around... after I paid $5.50 a piece on Kel-Tec's site.

Do tell...

Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #5
CJP32
Grand Poobah

Liked 187 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Call and talk to their service department, they will usually send any part you need for free. Within reason of course, don't expect to get a new slide or barrel. That's one of the great things about KT as a company, they really do take care of their customers even after the sale.

CJ

Two is one and one is none.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
BeachJumperUnit

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I will second the fact that Kel-Tec takes care of customers. Diamondback does not have enough help to even answer the phone. I called them today at 10 o'clock Florida time and they had not changed the answer message to the normal working hours recorded message. It was the after hours recorded message. Their phone setup is not customer friendly like Kel-Tec. DB's recorded voice is harsh-sounding. And, they charge the customer for everything including shipping even when it's Diamondback's fault. They do have nice products but not so good service. At least Kel-Tec has 1st class service - the products at KT have a way to go. I've dealt with both KT & DB - I prefer KT big time!

The Beach Jumper Unit (BJU) is a U.S. Navy secret organization with the objective to totally screw up the enemy by deception and dirty tricks.

Last edited by BeachJumperUnit; 05-16-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #7
RobzKT
Grand Poobah

Liked 91 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP32 View Post
Call and talk to their service department, they will usually send any part you need for free. Within reason of course, don't expect to get a new slide or barrel. That's one of the great things about KT as a company, they really do take care of their customers even after the sale.
...and if you can't get through during their phone hours, you can also request replacement parts via email on their 'Contact Us' page.
- - -
An Equal Opportunity Owner:
Cobra, Colt, Glock, Kel-Tec, NAA, Radom, Ruger, S&W, Springfield, Walther & Winchester

Old 05-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
pocketdrummer

It's great that they have good customer service, but we still only have one option. Competition is a good thing, lets embrace some variety.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
TxCajun
Administrator
KOG_ADMIN.png

Liked 242 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 8

You go with the competition. I'll go with free high quality. Like I said, we bugged Wolfe for 5+ years for P3AT springs, and when finally they produced them, KT springs are still better... and free.

P32, P32NAA, P3AT, PF9, P11/40/357Sig, Sub2K9, Sub9, SU16C + More to come.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
pocketdrummer

With all due respect, I question the quality control at Kel-Tec. Both magazines I bought have failed to last longer than 1-2 years with 400 rounds (arguably 200 in each). That's not good.

Again, I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't buy, I'm only trying to expand the possibilities. However, if I'm the only one concerned by the lack of available parts and accessories, both through Kel-Tec or aftermarket, then I suppose I'll abandon my effort.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > PF-9