KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > KSG Bullpup Shotgun > What to put on a KSG?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
eggysrun

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default What to put on a KSG?

Wanted some thoughts from you guys on a good sling for the KSG, as well as possible light/mount combo's.

Right now I have a Primary Arms Micro Dot on the top rail, and a Magpul VFG on the bottom.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Solscud007

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Im a fan of magpul slings. I plan to make a single point pin and replace the forward takedown pin.

In terms of lights, I would get a streamlight tlr4. You can get them for only $100 they are small and have a built in laser.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
CALIKSG

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here is what I have on my KSG so far. I am a huge fan of the Magpul MS2 sling and even more with the new Magpul MS3 sling since it is now made with a better material, but for the KSG that sling does not work.

I purhcased the below one point sling which I am really liking. It has a 50-70 pound weight on the attachments, and the clips are not cheap plastic but of a hardened plastic material resin. Hope this help. I took some close ups for you.

-Carlson Comps Muzzle Break
-Magpul MBUS front/rear sights
-CETACEA Tactical Single Point Sling
-CETACEA Tactical weapon attachment clip (for the sling)

***Waiting on possibly purchasing the Aimpoint Holigraphical Reflex Sight and attaching it to an 45 degree offset mount on top for an optic***

Attached Thumbnails
2012-03-25-01-10-26-337.jpg   2012-03-25-01-10-43-917.jpg   2012-03-25-01-10-55-861.jpg  

Old 03-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Solscud007

Why do you want a 45 degree offset for the KSG?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
CALIKSG

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
Why do you want a 45 degree offset for the KSG?
Just something different. I mean with this gun, an optic isn't really needed depending on what your using it for. I personally bought it as my home defense gun, but I love shooting it at the range as well

Old 03-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
Solscud007

But I dont understand the point of the 45 deg offset. Why not just mount the aimpoint on to the rail and cowitness?

usually the 45 degree offset is so you have two different zeros. Like for 3 gun. A scope is set up at 12 o'clock. Then the red dot is set at the 1 or 3 o'clock position.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
CALIKSG

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
But I dont understand the point of the 45 deg offset. Why not just mount the aimpoint on to the rail and cowitness?

usually the 45 degree offset is so you have two different zeros. Like for 3 gun. A scope is set up at 12 o'clock. Then the red dot is set at the 1 or 3 o'clock position.

Your 100% correct with your thinking. Again, it is just a fun set up. Of course having a perfect co-witness set up will be the way to go in the end. Shoot, if I am able to get this deal on the Aimpoint, I might just put it straight on the rail and disregard the whole 45 degree all together. Just a suggestion, and thanks for yours.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
Solscud007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIKSG View Post
Your 100% correct with your thinking. Again, it is just a fun set up. Of course having a perfect co-witness set up will be the way to go in the end. Shoot, if I am able to get this deal on the Aimpoint, I might just put it straight on the rail and disregard the whole 45 degree all together. Just a suggestion, and thanks for yours.

No worries. I was just curious if there was a magi-tacti-cal (yes I just crammed Magical and tactical together hehe) reason for having a 45 offset on a shotgun, let alone the KSG.

When I pick up my KSG on wednesday, I plan to put my KRISS Vector BUIS on it and my KRISS Zeroed Eotec 512 and see how it aims with that setup.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
ToddY

Since KSG is a rifle gun, I think it is also advisable if you put scope from it to have good aiming, powerful trigger switch, laser and Magpul AFG2. If you put those thing for sure you have now one of the most coolest and nice KSG gun.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > KSG Bullpup Shotgun