KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > KSG Bullpup Shotgun > Recoil pad for KSG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
johnbrowning1911

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Recoil pad for KSG

Is there a Limbsaver or similar recoil pad that is a proper fit for the KSG? If so a link?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
alcarpenter

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Good question. My shoulders are each artificial, SS joints (resulting from severe dis-location during high-speed combat ejection, NVN, and no treatment for 6 1/2 yrs. as P.O.W. thereafter), with little "meat" remaining in the weapon butt contact area. Any recoil absorption device recommendations for the KSG would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Whodat

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

See AZcreeker picture post on page 5 of KSG pics thread. Send him a PM if you have questions.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
AZcreeker

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Pachmayr Decelerator Slip-on Recoil Pad - Medium.

Just in case others would like to know.

It sure helps this old man's shoulder.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
alcarpenter

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

AZcreeker -
Thanks! Looks like it might work, for me, so, on your rec. just ordered from CTD. Actually, recoil wasn't quite as bad as I had expected, but I can see needing to fire at least a few hundred shells, to get adequately comfortable with loading, firing, etc. and that would put me out of action for quite a while, IF it didn't knock the joint apart in the process! This "getting old" stuff sucks, but better than dead, most likely!

Al

Old 06-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
StLKSG

Default Additional recoil protection

Alcarpenter, thanks for your service and brave courage as POW. I admire you more than words can relate.

Another recoil protection option is the PAST recoil pad from Battenfeld Technologies......MidWayUSA. Might not be something you would put on in a home defense emergency, but would add protection during high volume training to save those shoulders.

I agree, getting old sucks, but does beat the alternative. Life is what you make of it as I'm sure you know after your experiences. I'm at that point where I fully realize that Life is like a roll of toilet paper.....the closer you get the the end of both, the faster they seem to go!!!!
Happy shooting!!!

Old 07-03-2012, 04:49 AM   #7
alcarpenter

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

StLKSG -

Thanks for the kind words, but my experience was just one of those things that can happen, when you put your country first. I was, and am, honored to have been able to serve my country under difficult circumstances.

The PAST pad holds some promise, so I ordered one, and I look forward to seeing how it works, for me. My previously recommended Pachmayr pad is due for delivery, tomorrow so, between the two, my shoulder is bound to thank you gents!

I will hope to report on my findings, after trying each pad in the next week or two.

Thanks, again, to you AND to AZcreeker!

Al

Old 07-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
Ranger1

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

After shooting only 30 rounds yesterday (2 3/4 slugs w 3 buckshot) I can see why another recoil pad is an essential for this weapon. Getting through 2 tubes of shells alone gets my shoulder rudely awakened and well aware that I'm firing a 12.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
johnbrowning1911

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Winchester/Limbsaver Recoil Pad

Found the Limbsaver recoil pads at Walmart today in a Winchester branded package, but also clearly labeled with the Limbsaver logo. Purchased the "Small" size for about $21. It seems to be a near perfect fit on the KSG (but a bit on the tight side). Havent shot with it yet but will report back when I do.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
Whodat

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Hey guys,
I'm sure you are aware of low-recoil 12ga. ammo. You should consider using this for extended range time. Your shoulders will thank you and you will enjoy it more. You can always shoot full loads for testing purposes, but if you intend to shoot a 12ga. shotty for fun, often, low-recoil is the only way to go. The Macho-man approach could lead to should surgery . Happy shootin.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > KSG Bullpup Shotgun