Come help us Launch CZTalk.com - Free Decals!
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > KSG Bullpup Shotgun > couple KSG Tactical videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
ktwm
Grand Poobah

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Default couple KSG Tactical videos

These area a few videos Taken at the latest local subgun match. Used the Short-barrel KSG Tactical as one of the firearms.
Camera is the Drift HD170 mounted to the shoulder of a tactical vest.

Bay 1 (720p-60hz)

Bay 2 (1080p-30hz)

SAME run but from a friends head mounted go-pro camera. In this video you can see the gun better, and my re-loading. The video also jumps from the recoil.

Even with the short 14" barrel, it was able to knock everything down easily, though the ranges were not long. I know it will be a while before the Short-barrel versions are available, but I thought some might be interested in seeing one in action....

I know I can't wait to get one. It is VERY small, but will be worth the extra $200 tax stamp IMO.

Last edited by ktwm; 03-17-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
Locked-N-Loaded

Is that an "approved" KSG rail device or one you just used that you had sitting around? J/k

Good vids thanks

KSG in OD.. a desired addition to my arsenal (but will I ever really get one?)

Old 03-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
orthodoxy_002

Bottom pic. Looks built-in.

Yep, great video. The short-barrel versions will never make it to Canada (US won't allow export), which is a pity.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
reapur

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Man I can't wait to get one. That tactical sure is nice.
KTWM can you talk a little about your camera setup? It sometimes looks like someone hovering over your shoulder but it also looks like it's mounted on you.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
DDelambre

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapur View Post
Man I can't wait to get one. That tactical sure is nice.
KTWM can you talk a little about your camera setup? It sometimes looks like someone hovering over your shoulder but it also looks like it's mounted on you.
Agreed. I'm guessing you have a Go-Pro on a backpack? Also looked like you had one on your forehead!

Old 03-10-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
ktwm
Grand Poobah

Camera is a drift HD170 mounted to the left shoulder of a tactical vest.

I was also wearing a friends go-pro on my head on the last video, to get another perspective, but he has not posted that video yet.

I looked at the go-pro, but decided on the drift because it had a built in screen, wireless remote,standard mounting points, and rotaing lens. But it is a tiny bit bigger and heavier than the go-pro. Both will do video at the same resolutions and have wide angle lenses (170 degree). But I did zoom in on these a little. 170 degrees is a little too wide for firearms videos IMO.

and yes, the grip is built in. when the gun gets that short, you do not have any room to grab the pump, so a grip is mandatory.

There has been talk of making an "NFA ready" version of the KSG tactical and patrol. It would basically be the same gun but with a legal length 18.5" barrel which should allow it to be exported. And it would also allow those in the states to easilly send in their ATF paperwork and when aproved, swap out, or cut-down their barrels.

Last edited by ktwm; 03-10-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Solscud007

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Great video.

I have a GoPro but I invert it. It hangs upside down and covers my left eye. This actually puts the lens closer to my nose and I get a closer approximation of true perspective.

Here is a video I made last month with my KRISS.

I will be getting my KSG in a couple weeks. Then when i go shooting i will use the same rig.

What methods are you employing to speed or combat reload the KSG?

Last edited by Solscud007; 03-16-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #8
ktwm
Grand Poobah

interesting mount...over the eye seems like it might take away some of your depth perception, but if it works for you, go for it.

You can see my loading a little better on the other video from the head mounted go-pro that I just added to my OP. Basically it is point the gun down, and angle slightly to the right and then drop rounds in and load the right tube.

we had to start with no more than 6 rounds in the gun, so I only used the right tube, and reloaded the right tub in the second and third vid. In the first vid, I start with the gun chambered and the right tube full, then load up the left tube on the clock. I did not do that in the second and third vids because I wanted to give the texas star time to wind down a little as I reloaded.

I could certainly load quicker, and usually I drop one in the empty chamber first, but I forgot to on the second nad third videos.

Last edited by ktwm; 03-17-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > KSG Bullpup Shotgun