KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > RFB High Efficiency Rifle > Used RFB For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #51
stymie
Grand Poobah

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Re: Used RFB For Sale

Animal Mother: "Well, you seen much combat?"
Private Joker: "I've seen a little on TV."

What's needed is real world combat scenarios to fully test the RFB's merits. I think that it would be an interesting experiment to send a few samples of RFB carbines to the Sandbox for a little T&E. Supply fully armed Contractors &/or Combatants in order that they might reach out & touch someone OR perhaps engage in a little CQB up close & personal.

Funny how the people that are the first to take advantage of our freedom are the ones that are the last to defend it! Have you said thank you to a soldier today?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 04:18 AM   #52
stymie
Grand Poobah

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

dawghowse,

haugrdr has some most excellent advice; spend some time at the pool for some low impact exercise. It's the best therapy going & will speed up your recovery. I survived a head-on collision on my bike & fractured about everything that could be fractured including my neck, pelvis & lower spine. The WATER is your friend. Best wishes on the surgery...

-John

...back to our regularly scheduled program!

Funny how the people that are the first to take advantage of our freedom are the ones that are the last to defend it! Have you said thank you to a soldier today?

Old 02-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #53
aubie515

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie
What's needed is real world combat scenarios to fully test the RFB's merits. I think that it would be an interesting experiment to send a few samples of RFB carbines to the Sandbox for a little T&E. Supply fully armed Contractors &/or Combatants in order that they might reach out & touch someone OR perhaps engage in a little CQB up close & personal.

Dude, are you for real? KT cannot even produce enough units to get enough RFBs to the general public. Putting the RFB in the hands of our soldiers is plain stupid. Why would you want to put our boys and girls in harms way with a platform that hasn't been proven? Have you ever served in the military? If you have not...I completely understand why you would make such a stupid statement. I for one would not want to be the beta tester for a RFB in a combat zone when my ass is on the line.

You can play keyboard commando all you want, but the fact is that KT will always be a joke in the firearms industry until they can make products up to par. No one on this site is going to convince me otherwise. I've owned 3 Sub2000s, PLR16, PLR22, P3AT and PF9...so I wouldn't say I am a KT hater. I would say that KT is not up to par with my other firearms. Many of the issues that I have seen from KT firearms stem from this site.

I would like to see KT offer enough RFBs so that it's not the same 6 guys that actually own the RFB commenting all the time. If KT could get up to speed and offer the RFB in large numbers...it would benefit KT.

From what I gather there are 200+ RFBs floating around out there currently. I only see a handful of actual RFB owners commenting on these rifles. So my question is where are the other 200 RFB owners? The good news is that most RFB owners seem to love their rifles, so that is very positive.

At some point, I would like to get my hands on an RFB...I'm just not willing to spend $2,000 on an RFB.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #54
stymie
Grand Poobah

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I honestly believe that the RFB will become the turning point dispelling a common prejudice held by many enthusiasts. It has been mentioned that the bullpup is currently being fielded by a certain metropolitan POLICE force; results so far have been extremely positive! I can think of a Contractor or two in IRAQ that might benefit from the experiment. There's your real world T&E...

You'll never know the full capabilities of a weapon until you take it into combat. *:-? A few range sessions or competitions will only reveal so much in a sterile environment. Kel-Tec is undoubtedly debugging & refining the RFB in preparation for CNC mass production, hence the small production numbers.

AWC is highly respected in the "community". They produced a "kit" that turned an M1A/M14 into a "Compact Rifle" called the M1AG2 bullpup. 400 weapons were produced with the majority going to "Operation Desert Storm"; many were suppressed. IMHO, the RFB is a much better weapon with even more potential. The ergonomics, balance & ambidextrous nature of the ejection, FCG, bolt release & mag drop make the design a clear winner. The RFB has a LOT of potential & yes, there is room for improvement. Can it be a contender in the world market of combat arms? That's entirely up to Kel-Tec!

BTW: How do you think that the Armalite AR15/COLT M16 wound up proving itself? In the hands of "our boys and girls in harms way" I would suspect...

Old 02-16-2010, 12:26 AM   #55
dawghowse

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 114

OK, here is some of my background, 2/502 101st ABN DIV, 1/325 82nd ABN DIV, G3 training (AMTU) XVIII Abn Corps, Do I believe it should be tested, of course. I think some of the units that I served with and had the opportunity to train would welcome the chance to field test this weapon on a limited basis. It could be, as John said be tested by some contractors as they were using many different weapons of their own choosing. The RFB seems to me to be a very good starting point. Just my opinion, and you know what they say......open honest discussion is always welcomed here.

AATW
-Bruce

Kel-Tec RFB, P-11, PF-9, P3AT, Sub 2K (9mm). Springfield XDM 45, and many others......
One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #56
Liberty4Ever
Grand Poobah
KOG_MODERATOR.png

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie515
KT will always be a joke in the firearms industry until they can make products up to par. No one on this site is going to convince me otherwise. *I've owned 3 Sub2000s, PLR16, PLR22, P3AT and PF9.
Not sure why you bought seven Kel-Tec firearms when you say Kel-Tec is a joke in the firearms industry and they're not up to par. :-?

Buy rice. Buy beans. Buy guns. Buy ammo.
This is your final SHTF warning.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:30 AM   #57
TxCajun
Administrator
KOG_ADMIN.png

Liked 240 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty4Ever
Not sure why you bought seven Kel-Tec firearms when you say Kel-Tec is a joke in the firearms industry and they're not up to par. *:-?
Nor why you would buy an RFB from a sub-par company at any price. Neither do I understand why you see fit to characterize another member's thoughts as "stupid". *Please choose your words more carefully or keep them to yourself. *All in all, a rather mean-spirited post that we could have done without, and very clearly in violation of the rules. *

Quote:
I. *KEEP IT NICE: *Discussion needs to be respectful and civil in order to keep this a place where constructive information can be shared. *Be tolerant of opposing opinions. *Address the issues and do not engage in personal attacks. *Do not call someone out to berate their point of view.

Name-calling will not fly here! *Nor will sidestep maneuvers such as characterizing someone’s ideas or comments as stupid, ignorant (or pick your favorite adjective), the list is long.
Forum Rules

P32, P32NAA, P3AT, PF9, P11/40/357Sig, Sub2K9, Sub9, SU16C + More to come.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #58
Cmd_Bash

i'd like to put my word into this conversation, though i don't know if it'd be viewed as water of gas to these flames ( i'm hoping water).
Now to start i'd like to list my qualifications, i have none, i havn't shot or handled the RFB, and am still waiting for the SS model, and hoping that one will be legal in Canada, as i've come to the prenotion that the current model is not.

Now that i have introductions out of the way, i'm looking for a rifle for hunting and target practice, i can't find any rifle out there anywhere (under $5,000) that offers such a quick followup shot (semi), with good accuracy,the stoping power of a .308, and with a no bulls***t design. Seriously, link, for the price i can't find better, and continue not to find beter for a LARGE price margine above it. i can see this style of rifle ( .308 and larger bullpup with alternative ejection method) entering many branches of civilian, police, and miliary armaments, because it just makes sense, this looks to be a very well laid out weapon with a fair bit of modular adapation available for it, with more to come.

Now i understand many of you may be warmongers, but i cannot forsee so many of you jumping into a plane to iraq the moment you receive the rifle of choice in your hands, and you don't need a war to prove a rifle is of good design, since many people will argue a lot of weapons that have entered wars were of relatively poor design. And the same goes for durability, unless you're really REALLY hard on your toys, and if that is the case let me know, and i will never loan you my lawnmower, laptop, or anything else that i have which hasn't been battle proven (so you might be fine to ask for a screwdriver *;D ). and Since we're on the topic, all this talk of "i wouldn't stake my life on it for home defence" and such. if there is a firefight that breaks out in your town, no matter how big it is, you're not going have somone official come to your door asking if you want in. even if its in your home, and they are armed, chances are, if that's somthing you're worried about, then your probably much better armed and trained then your would be bergular, and to stop that troll before it start i'm sure you all heard of or know somone who has been bergularized by somone with a gun while at home, just like you all heard of or know somone who has won a million dollars, its all semantics of the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

the only thing currently hurting the RFB is its low production numbers, it slows the closing of uninformed mouths, and responces from owners that can lead to future improvements to all aspects of the rifle, as it stands this is a great rifle, and not only can it not be beat for its price, but being a new rifle, i think we can all a agree, can only get better with time. okay, i've have my word on the deterred subject, either absorb or flame on.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #59
Burt_Gummer

Not everyone here is a Walter Mitty.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #60
aubie515

I keep on hearing about how great the warranty is from KT. That is great that KT will back up their product, BUT my problem is that I've seen KT owners say they had to send it back to KT multiple times. To me a warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on if you have to send back a product multiple times to resolve an issue. Be that KT or any other company that offers a "lifetime" warranty. If a product is great...you won't have to use your warranty. I realize that with production that there will be some "lemons" in the process, but overall...a good company will not have a high percentage of returns/repairs. I know all to well about warranties, since I work in a repair department.

As far as comparing KT to Armalite...when KT has been around as long as Armalite, then you can compare those two companies. You are trying to compare a company that's been supplying the military for years...versus KT that does not have ANY military contracts. There is a big difference between a DOD supplier and a company that caters to civilians.

As far as breaking the rules...that's your choice if you want to ban me or not...I'm not going to kiss up to anyone on any forum. It's your show...so do what you will/must. It might be kinda neat to be banned, since I've yet to be banned for any forum. I feel that if I am banned it's because I'm not a "oh I love KT and they are the best...blah blah blah company." As I stated before...do what you must...it's not like it's a huge loss if I'm banned on this forum. This forum reminds me of KT guns in general...it's ok, but I can live without it.

As a matter of fact...I'm leaving this forum. This has to be the worst forum I've ever joined.

You have Mr. Mod himself Liberty that takes every opportunity to say why he doesn't own anything NFA because of all the "hoops"...dude we get it you cannot afford NFA items. No need to post it on every thread. Just because you are a mod on here doesn't make you the knowledge tree. I think you stay on this forum because you would get crushed on other forums for the idiotic things you write. But keep up the post count...post whore. You should probably change your ID to post whore because you keep on repeating the same crap over and over..."oh I don't own NFA because there is too much hassle" No, you don't own any NFA because you are cheap.

You have Stymie or whatever his STUPID name is...that takes pictures as well as a 5 yr old. Dude types as if he needs some meds to calm himself down. He can dump $2,000 into an RFB, but his apartment looks like it's located in the ghetto. You should not have to eat ramen noodles for 6 months to be able to purchase a firearm. Stay in KTOG where it's safe because I've seen you on Silencer talk and ARF and people ignore you there just like they did when you were growing up in HS.

Alright, it's been real, but I've wasted enough time on this forum. You guys can continue to talk up the KT all you want.

What a lame forum.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > RFB High Efficiency Rifle