Come help us Launch CZTalk.com - Free Decals!
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > RFB High Efficiency Rifle > Used RFB For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #21
notp951t
Banned

Default Re: Used RFB For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt_Gummer
Quote:
...it's not rock solid reliable in a "go-to" gun kinda way...
Quote:
...I question KT quality overall ... I owned a few KT and I never considered them up to par compared to my other firearms ... I'm just not convinced of durability with hard use...
^ This is the reputation Kel-Tec needs to overcome. *I previously owned a P32, and was unimpressed by the craftsmanship and reliability. *I have friends that roll their eyes with any mention of Kel-Tec. *But I'm willing to give Kel-Tec*one more chance with the RFB. *My fingers are crossed.
After My bolt carrier failed, I was a bit disheartened. Especially since it happened in the middle of a shoot I flew across the country to attend, and I had just finished detailing how reliable it had been.

I'm happy with the way their CS handled the repair, but I didn't really see a change in the design that made it more rugged to me. Generally, the weapon goes bang and is fine for recreational use, but there are a few things about the design that make me nervous when it comes to real use, god forbid I ever need it for that purpose.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #22
notp951t
Banned

OT: aubie, is your name a reference to the auburn mascot?

Old 02-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #23
notp951t
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRaptor
Starting price and Buy It Now were lowered to $2399. Not sure that's gonna be enough to move it unless someone REALLY wants it now.
Shoot, for that price... I'd sell mine with 15 mags, YHM back up sights, and a very nice solid aluminum locking case. I'd even throw in a mosin nagant or two for free

Old 02-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #24
judcargile

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by notp951t
[quote author=Burt_Gummer link=1265729257/15#19 date=1265818850]
Quote:
...it's not rock solid reliable in a "go-to" gun kinda way...
Quote:
...I question KT quality overall ... I owned a few KT and I never considered them up to par compared to my other firearms ... I'm just not convinced of durability with hard use...
^ This is the reputation Kel-Tec needs to overcome. *I previously owned a P32, and was unimpressed by the craftsmanship and reliability. *I have friends that roll their eyes with any mention of Kel-Tec. *But I'm willing to give Kel-Tec*one more chance with the RFB. *My fingers are crossed.
After My bolt carrier failed, I was a bit disheartened. Especially since it happened in the middle of a shoot I flew across the country to attend, and I had just finished detailing how reliable it had been.

I'm happy with the way their CS handled the repair, but I didn't really see a change in the design that made it more rugged to me. Generally, the weapon goes bang and is fine for recreational use, but there are a few things about the design that make me nervous when it comes to real use, god forbid I ever need it for that purpose. [/quote]

Kind of like when you wreck that car you were smitten with; It just loses something! If I had an experience like yours, I would be weary of depending on the RFB. Many of us are getting around an MOA no other broken welds known to this forum other than yours. The percentages suggest that the RFB is going to be a VERY successful rifle. I wonder which country is going to be first to want a contract for RFB supply? I do think that KT does need to consider reenforcements to make the RFB a little tougher and a composite laminated barrel to lighten it up! Then it is perfect! But, I could get rich in aftermarket upgrades.

Asian Representative for THOR Global Defense Group / Knesek Guns Incorporated. RFB 0042

Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #25
Burt_Gummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judcargile
Kind of like when you wreck that car you were smitten with; It just loses something!
I know that feeling well. *I broke the folding stock hindges on two different DS Arms SA58 paras. *I never regained the confidence in the SA58, yet ask anyone, and they'll tell you that DS Arms makes the best FN-FAL out there!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #26
stymie
Grand Poobah

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

NOPE...

Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal made the BEST paratroopers. Even with a slightly complex spring-loaded lockout on my 50.63, it was virtually impossible to break the d@rn thing; solid as a ROCK! I really like FN FALs; therefore a sense of kinship exists with the K-T RFB.

DS ARMS makes their own para folding stocks? :-?

It's hard to TRUST something FAIL related... EVER again! Wimmin' come to mind... lol. No matter what. No matter that it's FIXED... it's NEVER the same!

Funny how the people that are the first to take advantage of our freedom are the ones that are the last to defend it! Have you said thank you to a soldier today?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #27
aubie515

Yes, an ex of mine attended Auburn. Nice school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notp951t
OT: aubie, is your name a reference to the auburn mascot?

Old 02-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #28
AZRaptor

Looks like the seller pulled the auction. It's closed with no bidders.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #29
Burt_Gummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie
NOPE...

Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal made the BEST paratroopers. Even with a slightly complex spring-loaded lockout on my 50.63, it was virtually impossible to break the d@rn thing; solid as a ROCK! I really like FN FALs; therefore a sense of kinship exists with the K-T RFB.

DS ARMS makes their own para folding stocks? :-?

It's hard to TRUST something FAIL related... EVER again! Wimmin' come to mind... lol. No matter what. No matter that it's FIXED... it's NEVER the same!
I have a 50.63 (never broke that stock ), but some may point out the DSA receivers are entirely heat treated while the Belgians were spot treated, on the other hand, DSA doesn't chrome-line their barrels and the para hinge is fragile. *Unfortunately, you cannot buy a newly produced FAL since Papa Bush banned them >.

I'm hoping the RFB is a viable replacement to the SA58. *If not, I guess there's always the FNH SCAR 17S*:-/.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #30
Burt_Gummer

Quote:
This is the reputation Kel-Tec needs to overcome. *I previously owned a P32, and was unimpressed by the craftsmanship and reliability. *I have friends that roll their eyes with any mention of Kel-Tec. *But I'm willing to give Kel-Tec*one more chance with the RFB. *My fingers are crossed.
More on this subject here: http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7206084761/m/180102154 (requires registration to view)

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > RFB High Efficiency Rifle