KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > RFB High Efficiency Rifle > Not at all happy with the RFB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #91
Ratdaddy

Trooper: I believe you were thinking of my earlier posts. I was really frustrated with my RFB. I had that same problem, i.e., bolt not going into battery and two or more rounds stuck up in the action. Ammo did not correct the problem. I tried different mags and ammo. I do not shoot steel-cased ammo in anything but an AK. I tried brass cased military surplus, Hornady factory and Winchester. I had same problem with all of it. Found out this is a common problem with the earlier RFBs. Kel-Tec totally rebuilt mine and brought it up to current specs and it now works fine. Check the serial number on your RFB and talk to Kel-Tec. I'd almost bet you also have one of the earlier ones. They'll make it right.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #92
Angus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brordo View Post
Throttle...man that just sucks! What about Vault? Or the retailer? Anyone willing to help you out in respect to the issues? An what new mags are you referring to? Some nice RRA's LAR-8? That'd be sweet.
you mention RRA LAR-8 Mags, but RRA site shows those as inch pattern... thought the RFB uses metric pattern mags...

Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 AM   #93
Angus

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlauer9676 View Post
Seeing those welds doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a potential new buyer. I understand that this issue has been corrected, but this kind of thing just makes me wonder about what else might go wrong. I've been looking into other 7.62 Nato bullpup options. The Bulldog 762 system from SRSS looks pretty good. I don't need the ambi functions of an RFB since I'm right hand/right eye dom. Need to look into cost of the rifle and the bulldog system, but if it's within reasonable range of a new RFB I might go that route.
The bulldog system costs as much as a standard M1A... so basically you are paying double for the bullpup kit and the rifle, just for one rifle... bit of a rip-off if you ask me...

Old 04-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #94
ronmar
Grand Poobah

Liked 94 Times on 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
you mention RRA LAR-8 Mags, but RRA site shows those as inch pattern... thought the RFB uses metric pattern mags...
It does, so does the LAR-8 That is a mistake on Rock Rivers part. Rock River dosn't make them, they are made by Thermould. If you zoom in on the pic on RRA's website, you can read the label cast into the mag. Those mags are based on Thermolds Metric pattern FN/FAL-M magazine. Their original FAL mag had 3 raised bands on it and would not fit in the LAR-8, or the RFB magwell without modification. Thermould changed the moulds.

http://www.thermoldmagazines.com/

Been using thermoulds FN/FAL-M(M for metric) mags for about a year now in the RFB, they work good...

Last edited by ronmar; 04-30-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #95
Angus

thanks for the clarification...

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > RFB High Efficiency Rifle