Come help us Launch CZTalk.com - Free Decals!
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > PMR-30 > Updates to PMR 30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
wolverine ms

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Updates to PMR 30

I have 2 Pmr 30's one with the serial prefix WOM the other W3V does anyone know what if any updates can be expected from a trip back to hte factory, I already have the updated barrel for the WOM. Both have functioned flawlessly and wouldn't want to jepordize that. The WOM does have the common early "Droop" between the slide and frame.Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #2
rgkitchen

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

WOM is actually W0[zero]M which is a very early model (2,100). W3V is a more recent model (13,500). I would not send either one in until you have a problem, although the early model will have more damage if you ever had a case rupture. The PMR-30s being produced now are currently above W61 (20,500). It wouldn’t hurt to call Kel-Tec and ask them about sending in the early one.

For the record, mine is a W0B (1,100), and it has gone home three times. The first for feeding issues, the second for a case rupture, and the last time was for the trigger reset. I have also replaced one buffer and the takedown pin. In between all of that, I have put around 4,500 rounds through it and used it in a couple of competitions. It currently sports a nice under barrel laser, and I’m using mostly Hornady Critial Defense and Federal Game-Shok 50gr. Runs like a well oiled machine.

Last edited by rgkitchen; 04-24-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
wolverine ms

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the info RG Kitchen! Sounds like you have your system down. I've checked both of the PMR's I have and they don't seem to be able to have an OOB. I have seen some of your earlier posts I know you've experienced this and I am wondering how far out the chamber the case was when the weapon had the OOB kaboom?!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
rgkitchen

I still have no idea where in the cycling process the rupture occurred, but my slide and chamber were constructed exactly the same as your early model (this occurred after my first warranty repair, and my PMR-30 had the first upgrade applied).

Check the area around the firing pin on each of your PMR-30s. The newer one should have a lot more steel around the rim of a loaded shell. The older one should only have a tab of steel on the top of the rim. The side of the rim should still be visible on the ejection side of the slide when it is closed.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
wolverine ms

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes that would be correct. Is that an addition to the meat on the slide or just a plate under the slide cover?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
rgkitchen

The machining on the slide was revised. The extra metal, in both cases, is part of slide, not just stuck on.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > PMR-30