You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of thektog.org    
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > SU-22 > What do you like & dislikes most about the SU-22?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
erwos

So, I just bought one of these and put in some range time with it, and thought I'd weigh in as a new owner.

Like:
1. Doesn't seem ammo picky. (My AR-15 in .22LR is... a lot.)
2. Super light weight!
3. The Bravo sights are excellent for fast acquisition.
4. Folding concept (but see below).
5. Accuracy seems acceptable.

Dislike:
1. Reassembly after field stripping is annoying (that tube is hard to get right with the handguard mounted)
2. Field stripping requires a tool.
3. Folding mechanism is a bit tough to use with the Charlie stock.
4. Can't insert a magazine while folded with the Charlie stock (by design?).
5. Need to remove the Bravo sight to get a scope low enough for a good cheek weld.

I am tempted to go find a really low offset mount adapter and put my spare PA green reflex dot on as a backup to the scope... we'll see how that works out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
shep854
Grand Poobah

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

"4. Can't insert a magazine while folded with the Charlie stock (by design?)."--erwos
The Charlie stock was designed for the SU16, to fold over USGI M16 mags*. The long BD 26rd mags for the SU22 are simply too long for the stock to fold around. There shouldn't be a problem with 10-15rd BD mags.
*The SU16C stock won't fold over plastic AR mags without some sort of modification to mags or stock either.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #13
erwos

I'm talking about inserting the magazines with the stock folded. They didn't put in a cut-out for the "hump" in the magazine in the stock. Could be modded, just feel like it would have been nice to have the capability built in.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #14
shep854
Grand Poobah

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
I'm talking about inserting the magazines with the stock folded. They didn't put in a cut-out for the "hump" in the magazine in the stock. Could be modded, just feel like it would have been nice to have the capability built in.
Ah. Re-reading your other post, I now notice that is what you were saying...
I'd have to put my 'C' stock on my -22 to check, but the problem may still be that the 'C' was designed around USGI M16 mags, and BD mags are just different enough to hang up. Some SU-16 owners have carefully trimmed their stocks to fit around the oversize aftermarket mags. That might be something you could look into.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
raggedyedge

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have an Action Target dueling tree and we have head to head battles between a very accurate Henry Lever and the SU22. I think the Henry is just a bit more accurate, but the SU22 with a Burris FastFire III pretty much dominates on the dueling tree battles. Last year I introduced a young lady to shooting and she was lucky to keep her shots on paper, last weekend she put it to me with the SU22 and was on the plates so fast that when I sent one to her side, she ping ponged it instantly right back to me.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > SU-22