You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of thektog.org    
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles >

Trouble getting a sight picture sub 2000 gen 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #21
ral357

Liked 102 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithtsr View Post
The concept fit the role, truck gun and perhaps a backpack. It is the folding function that intrigued me. I already own a few guns....Ar-15, AR-10 300 Blackout and more pistols than I can carry, I love the idea of a collapsible carbine. I have added a little something to every weapon I own so this may be what I have to do to make it work for me.

I will say this the sub is as dependable as any weapon I own and I have some high dollar guns. Would I use this if my life depended on it...hell yes I would! I shoot a lot and this is accurate and so far dependable, maybe even more than some I own.

The problem is the dang sights being to low. If they would come up with an upgrade for that and maybe cheek rest I would buy another one.
I got the sub for pretty much the same reasons. To me it's well done as is for the intended role. That little guy rides quietly places none of my long guns can go. As to the comfort ergonomics issue, not a factor if it's called on to stop trouble. It's not unlike a snub nose revolver, there are things it's really not the best choic for but there are times that it is the choice.
Retired1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 03:11 AM   #22
Keithtsr

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Not trying to start anything so I'll do my best not to. After reading more now than I did before I bought the sub, it would seem that I am probably not alone with having sight issues.

I did watch a few YouTube videos on the rifle before I bought it so its on me. I'm just thinking KT could come up with a Fix for the sights. I have decided to keep it a add a few things to make it work for me.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #23
jthwan22

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I took 2 stock rear sights cut and made it into one longer rear sight. It is quarter inch longer. There is a steel back bone in the grove in the other side and glue together with epoxy. I had to cut the slot in the forearm longer to fit the rear sight when the rifle is folded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sub 2000 rear sight.jpg (29.6 KB, 30 views)
People Like This 
Old 01-11-2017, 05:23 PM   #24
850sub
Grand Poobah

Liked 293 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthwan22 View Post
I took 2 stock rear sights cut and made it into one longer rear sight. It is quarter inch longer. There is a steel back bone in the grove in the other side and glue together with epoxy. I had to cut the slot in the forearm longer to fit the rear sight when the rifle is folded.
Very nice.
We have a long running thread on this subject.
The title of the thread didn't pinpoint the discussion.
And I can't remember the name of it.
It was something like "big heads bla bla bla".
And a member there did the same mod.
I may try this on "Black Betty", my Gen 1 S2K.
Her front sight post is perfectly centered.
My idea was to glue a sight tube to the top of the front sight hood (Gen 1).
Then measure the increased legnth, and using that measurement, modify the rear as you did.

What are your plans for the front sight?
Old 01-11-2017, 07:08 PM   #25
Keithtsr

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
The mod looks good, very good. I wonder why someone has not address this....like KT or one of the aftermarket companies??????

Old 01-11-2017, 09:10 PM   #26
jthwan22

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithtsr View Post
The mod looks good, very good. I wonder why someone has not address this....like KT or one of the aftermarket companies??????
I looked all over for a taller rear sight and no one did it so I had to do it myself. I still have couple of extra mod rear sight if anyone is interested
Keithtsr Likes This 
Old 01-12-2017, 12:07 AM   #27
Mike the Moomin

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Here is what I did to get a taller front sight to match my homemade tall rear sight.

I made two rear sight, first one is way too tall I couldn't get a reasonable front sight to zero it so I made a shorter one, but still offers good cheek weld.

With the taller rear sight in place, I ordered a replacement front sight pivot block from
Performance Service. This replacement block does not have that "step" as in the original block, so the front sight post seating taller and I gained additional high with it. Then I replace the the front sight post with an extra tall Ar15 square post.

With the top of the front sight even with the sight guard, I can get zero at 15 yard (indoor range). I am going to a 50 yard range tomorrow and dial it in.

Depends on how tall your rear sight blade is, I believe either an extra tall post or a combination of a new pivot block and an extra tall post will get you adequate "high"

http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/square-072-front-sight-040-taller.html

http://www.performanceservicesmachining.com/kel-tec-sub-2000-products/kel-tec-sub-2000-generation-2-front-sight-pivot-block/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front sights.jpg (50.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg front sight 3.jpg (37.5 KB, 31 views)
Keithtsr Likes This 
Old 01-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #28
jgillooly

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sub2000 sight issue

Never thought my head was too big too shoot a rifle until trying to use the Sub2000. Like everybody else on this thread, it's painful to shoot this gun accurately as the sights are too short.

There's a really nice fix for this. The Military Arms channel has a video showing a rotating T1/T2 mount and micro Red Dot. The rotating mount allows the red dot to be swung out of the way for folding.

Keithtsr Likes This 
Old 01-18-2017, 11:02 PM   #29
850sub
Grand Poobah

Liked 293 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
I looked all over for a taller rear sight and no one did it so I had to do it myself. I still have couple of extra mod rear sight if anyone is interested
I'm interested in your tall sights. P.M. me or post here.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #30
haugrdr
Grand Poobah
KOG_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1920 Times on 1445 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

Watch it guys...no hint of commerce unless it's in the Trading Post....hmmmK?
"It is, what it is."

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles