You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of thektog.org    
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles >

Trouble getting a sight picture sub 2000 gen 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2017, 08:15 PM   #11
firegrunt

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Last night I shot my S2k after I follow the FAQ about how to clip the wings on the rear sights. works wonders! I shot at 7-10 yards and with the rear sight folded down its great. try it!
Retired1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2017, 04:56 AM   #12
850sub
Grand Poobah

Liked 293 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegrunt View Post
Last night I shot my S2k after I follow the FAQ about how to clip the wings on the rear sights. works wonders! I shot at 7-10 yards and with the rear sight folded down its great. try it!
So, you are using just the front sight?
Yes the sub is pretty easy to point and shoot.
The flip down sight is usually used when using a scope. I would be interested in how you shoot like that at 25, 50, 75...
Old 01-09-2017, 05:02 AM   #13
Keithtsr

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I took some advise and tried again today using ear plugs. Much easier to get the sight where I needed it and was on at 25 yards and in. It is still kicking the crap out of my face....I feel like I went a couple rounds with Mike Tyson.lol.

I am not sure which direction I'm going to go with this weapon.....upgrade it, lion head and do something to help with the check recoil or just move on from it?

It really needs a cheek rest on it. I just love the concept of this gun, perfect idea for a truck gun but when you start upgrading it your at the price of a inexpensive AR...except the AR won't fold as easy��

Old 01-09-2017, 12:20 PM   #14
3wbdriver
Grand Poobah
KOG_MODERATOR.png

Liked 857 Times on 674 Posts
Likes Given: 1388

Can you get someone to take a picture of you holding it in your shooting stance? Preferably from the right side?

Old 01-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #15
Keithtsr

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Next time I go out I'll get some.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #16
wanderson

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I think the sights just need to be taller, I first mounted my red dot on a taller high rise that covered the irons, giving me a half cheek/half chin weld. Very comfortable and repeatable. But I'd added a KNS crosshair front sight post and didn't want to cover it up so I dropped the red dot down to a lower 1/3 co-witness. I had some heavy adhesive backed felt that I wrapped around the buffer tube which helped but for me it's just the shape of the buffer. And I have no problem using a bare bones M4 stock on an AR with irons.

I thought about the Tacticool buffer tube cover but it looked thick and making the tube bigger would just make my issue worse.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #17
850sub
Grand Poobah

Liked 293 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Oh, someone mentioned it but the company Tacticool makes a slip on cover for the receiver. Not only that, they make just what you need to not only protect your face, but also a buffer to mitigate recoil, and a charging handle cover that makes it easier to use.

Also Keltec sells a heavier bolt, with members here reporting good results in the .40.

Last edited by 850sub; 01-09-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:20 PM   #18
Keithtsr

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

After thinking about it here is my suggestion....

1. The sights need to be taller
2. A cheek rest would help a lot
3. Put the heaver bolt to help with the recoil of the .40
4. Maybe the Red Lion if taller sight cannot be located

Now these are just my suggestion for me and not have to have equipment. The weapon shoots just fine, zero malfunctions through about 200 rounds....other than my face.lol

My issue is simple, to make the rifle work for me I am looking at heavy bolt, tube cover, RedLion indexing front, AimPoint or similar. That will run the cost of the weapon up pretty high....so should I spend the cash and make it work for me or sell it and put the cash in another AR platform??????

Old 01-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #19
ral357

Liked 102 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithtsr View Post
After thinking about it here is my suggestion....

1. The sights need to be taller
2. A cheek rest would help a lot
3. Put the heaver bolt to help with the recoil of the .40
4. Maybe the Red Lion if taller sight cannot be located

Now these are just my suggestion for me and not have to have equipment. The weapon shoots just fine, zero malfunctions through about 200 rounds....other than my face.lol

My issue is simple, to make the rifle work for me I am looking at heavy bolt, tube cover, RedLion indexing front, AimPoint or similar. That will run the cost of the weapon up pretty high....so should I spend the cash and make it work for me or sell it and put the cash in another AR platform??????
The question is does the sub fill the role you intended?
What the sub brings is it is THE folding pistol caliber carbine. It is reasonably accurate,far more accurate than a handgun. It doesn't replace a rifle rather it is a low powered carbine that can be carried discreetly when a rifle would be out of the question. What it is not is a target/ bench gun, long range gun or a ergonomic comfortable weapon.
Unless the folding aspect is important from a logistical stand point you may be better served by other platforms IMHO. Some folks love to mess around and add bells and whistles, to each their own...but there are other guns that will yield better results rather than trying to make the sub into that which it is not.
Retired1 Likes This 
Old 01-10-2017, 03:22 AM   #20
Keithtsr

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ral357 View Post
The question is does the sub fill the role you intended?
What the sub brings is it is THE folding pistol caliber carbine. It is reasonably accurate,far more accurate than a handgun. It doesn't replace a rifle rather it is a low powered carbine that can be carried discreetly when a rifle would be out of the question. What it is not is a target/ bench gun, long range gun or a ergonomic comfortable weapon.
Unless the folding aspect is important from a logistical stand point you may be better served by other platforms IMHO. Some folks love to mess around and add bells and whistles, to each their own...but there are other guns that will yield better results rather than trying to make the sub into that which it is not.
The concept fit the role, truck gun and perhaps a backpack. It is the folding function that intrigued me. I already own a few guns....Ar-15, AR-10 300 Blackout and more pistols than I can carry, I love the idea of a collapsible carbine. I have added a little something to every weapon I own so this may be what I have to do to make it work for me.

I will say this the sub is as dependable as any weapon I own and I have some high dollar guns. Would I use this if my life depended on it...hell yes I would! I shoot a lot and this is accurate and so far dependable, maybe even more than some I own.

The problem is the dang sights being to low. If they would come up with an upgrade for that and maybe cheek rest I would buy another one.
People Like This 

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles