You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of thektog.org    
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles >

Game Changer Sub2000 Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #11
Chingatchgook

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Hey! I also bought the MI mount: could not zero either of two red dot sights. Really a shame as it was an elegant solution to the problem of not being able to fold the gun with a sight on it. Next problem: the picatinny rail on the top of the weapon is not flat; it is quite curved, with the height of the curve preventing any sight to fit flat enough to engage both sides of the clamping mechanism. So far: can't use the iron sights as they are too low for my fat head; can't fit a red dot sight on the poorly made
Picatinny rail on top. I will attempt to file the top rail flat and lower. A real shame Kel-Tec can't do better. If only the MI mount worked! I tried to tighten the screw to put more pressure on the spring (on the MI) but stopped trying when the force exceeded common sense. Guess I'll just put it in the safe and hope Kel-Tec (or someone) comes up with a solution.

Last edited by 3wbdriver; 05-19-2017 at 05:46 PM.
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 12:14 AM   #12
0235thLE

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I sanded my rail flat using different grit sand paper on a flat block.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles