You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of thektog.org    
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > P-11 & P-40 >

Sticky trigger return

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #1
Remington74

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Sticky trigger return

Well, the P-11 with a 40 S&W conversion that I recently acquired suddenly developed a trigger problem, it would not re-set after firing a round, I had to push the trigger forward just a little bit to get it to se-set. I checked out the usual suspects, trigger return spring, clean and polish the trigger bar, make sure the trigger spring is in the groove properly and lube the grip frame area, lube with grease in the appropriate areas, etc. Still no fix to the problem. So... taking it down again I watched what was happening as I move the trigger and noticed that it hesitated as the trigger pin moved into the grip frame area, it was at that location that all seemed to hang up. I gave a slight tappy-tappy to the trigger pin to move it down just a tad and all the problems disappeared! The pin was apparently producing just enough to drag on the grip frame and hold the trigger from moving forward after firing. Just something different from the usual "trigger spring out of the groove" response I usually see. Hope this may help someone in the future.

HatRon56 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
sleepawake

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington74 View Post
Well, the P-11 with a 40 S&W conversion that I recently acquired suddenly developed a trigger problem, it would not re-set after firing a round, I had to push the trigger forward just a little bit to get it to se-set. I checked out the usual suspects, trigger return spring, clean and polish the trigger bar, make sure the trigger spring is in the groove properly and lube the grip frame area, lube with grease in the appropriate areas, etc. Still no fix to the problem. So... taking it down again I watched what was happening as I move the trigger and noticed that it hesitated as the trigger pin moved into the grip frame area, it was at that location that all seemed to hang up. I gave a slight tappy-tappy to the trigger pin to move it down just a tad and all the problems disappeared! The pin was apparently producing just enough to drag on the grip frame and hold the trigger from moving forward after firing. Just something different from the usual "trigger spring out of the groove" response I usually see. Hope this may help someone in the future.
man I love to do the 40 conversion..
If you removed the hammer, like i did to grease, see if you put the hammer pin back in the right way, the flat end of the pin goes on the side where the slide stop is. This happen to me..
Remington74 Likes This 
Old 01-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
Remington74

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't done any mods or detail strips yet but having bought it used I don't know it's history. It's shooting fine now with all bullet weights and shapes. Sometime in the future I may put in a Northwood trigger but right now the factory trigger has not been an issue (other than that pin). I had read about the harsh recoil of the conversion 40S&W upper but I don't find it all that bad. If I was to come across an original P-40 I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up.
HatRon56 Likes This 

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > KelTec Products > P-11 & P-40