You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of thektog.org    
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > The Right to Keep and Bear Arms >

New Olreans proposes gun ban "near rec. areas"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
Nu_Agin_Shooter

Default New Olreans proposes gun ban "near rec. areas"

*http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2009/08/new_orleans_councilman_fielkow.html

New Orleans Councilman Fielkow to introduce proposal to ban weapons in public buildings, near recreation facilities

by The Times-Picayune
Thursday August 20, 2009, 8:31 AM

Quote:
...New Orleans Councilman President Arnie Fielkow will introduce legislation today that would ban illegal possession of firearms or weapons in public buildings and within 1,000 feet of recreational facilities....
Eric- What can we do to help you and you favorite city?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
haertig
Grand Poobah

Liked 1633 Times on 1077 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Re: New Olreans proposes gun ban "near rec. areas"

That's refreshing thinking ... "ban the illegal possesion". Banning something that is already illegal? Does that mean that current illegal posession is OK, because it's not banned? I thought "illegal" pretty much equated to "banned" in the first place. How do people this dumb get elected?

Old 08-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
Eric_in_Nola
Grand Poobah

Liked 126 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 221

I have contacted the councilman's office to request a full copy of the proposed legislation but have not yet received it.

I anticipate that this is a "feel good" measure to get some press - this guy is prob going to run for mayor and this is a talking point for him.

State law trumps city and there are already sufficient laws on the books so this is a wast of time and resources.

Ya'll can help by letting the counsel know that is is a bad idea.

AFielkow@cityofno.com

http://www.nocitycouncil.com/theCouncil.asp

"Get up and go to the range and shoot guns at things, see what happens, do this often...don't worry, the internet will still be wrong when you get back." Advice from Steve Fisher of Magpul Dynamics on developing a personal training program.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
merlinm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu_Agin_Shooter
New Orleans Councilman Fielkow to introduce proposal to ban weapons in public buildings, near recreation facilities

what's the big deal? everyone knows that criminals never commit crimes in public places...duh!

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > The Right to Keep and Bear Arms