KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > Other Guns > Sccy cpx-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
dracer
Grand Poobah

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Sccy cpx-2

Has any one had any experience with the cpx-2 from sccy , I looked around some , one person said it had a nicer trigger than the pf9 ? I had not even heard of them until I saw them on a mouse gun chart they look a lot like a p11 thanks

never leave your cave...without your club ( Mark Walters )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
CJP32
Grand Poobah

Liked 187 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Oh boy, here we go.

Long story short. The Sccy (sucky) is a cheap copy of a Kel Tec P11. The owner of the company became a member here and tried to say how his product was so much better than a KT. He was acting like a "regular person" and was eventually busted. They may be serviceable firearms but I doubt you will find any fans here.

At least Ruger admits that they copied the P3at into the LCP.... oh, wait... but their latest compact guns don't look anything like KTs.

Edit: If your interested or maybe just bored try searching for "sccy" a few times. You'll get more than a few threads.

CJ

Two is one and one is none.

Last edited by CJP32; 12-18-2011 at 02:22 AM.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Doc Holliday
Grand Poobah

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP32 View Post
Oh boy, here we go.
LOL, everything old is new again, eh?

Old 12-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
TxCajun
Administrator
KOG_ADMIN.png

Liked 242 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP32 View Post
At least Ruger admits that they copied the P3at into the LCP....
Actually, IIRC, at the Shot Show that year, Ruger said their engineers "started with a clean sheet of paper" when the designed then Little Copied Pistol. Not even a nod to Mr. Kellgren's design.

In addition to stealing the P11 design, and posing and lying on this forum, Sccy even stole their name. It was originally Skky, until they were sued by the Vodka folks.

P32, P32NAA, P3AT, PF9, P11/40/357Sig, Sub2K9, Sub9, SU16C + More to come.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
CJP32
Grand Poobah

Liked 187 Times on 163 Posts

I guess my sarcasm didn't translate to the typed word as well as I thought.

It's funny how people are about things. My senior firearms instructor gave me nothing but crap about my P3at but he suggested the LCP to one of our Sgts who asked about a pocket gun.

CJ

Two is one and one is none.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
jonnin
Grand Poobah

Liked 125 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracer View Post
Has any one had any experience with the cpx-2 from sccy , I looked around some , one person said it had a nicer trigger than the pf9 ? I had not even heard of them until I saw them on a mouse gun chart they look a lot like a p11 thanks

The only small 9mms with a decent trigger are the 1911s which are generally in the $750 range and can be hard to find. Colt's new agent for example, and para had one, couple of others. Most of the rest have virtually identical long heavy triggers or sloppy military/police style DA triggers. The new beretta nano is lighter than the DAO guns but is still very heavy and long and the reset is the full pull (for those who have not held it yet). If you want a small 9mm with a decent trigger, you are probably going to have to shell out for the 1911 style models, bottom line. Otherwise you are comparing a 1 inch 8 pound pull to a 1.2 inch 7 pound pull --- its like trying to figure out which candidate is the best for president when they are all pretty bad

Old 12-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
Rubb
Grand Poobah

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Sccy has just released, as of October 2010, the CPX-2, which only varies from the CPX-1 through its lack of safety levers and its redesigned polymer frame. This resolves a longtime complaint about the CPX-1 and the position of its safety levers. Early adopters of the CPX-2 are experiencing magazines falling out during shooting and chambering problems causing jams and feed failures. Shooters have also noted the trigger will not reset for a follow up shot. Sccy has stated that the issue is due broken axis pins resulting from a vendor issue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sccy_CPX-1

If you’re looking for a good trigger on a small 9….take a look at Kahr.

If a sign could stop evil….They’d make holsters for them!!

Old 12-25-2011, 05:11 AM   #8
KeltecFreak

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

+1 to Rubb. The Kahrs have real smooth and lighter trigger pulls. I have the pm9, p40 and p45. All with night sights and great shooters out of the box. Had no issues and bought them all used for a lot less than $750.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
cbr6864

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I had one of the first generations and had constant problems with the safety as I understand that issue has been fixed. No problems other than the safety, felt good in the hand and had a decent trigger

Old 02-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
rebootit
Grand Poobah
KOG_SPONSOR.png

Liked 44 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 3

We were looking for sub $250 guns to offer and ran across this gun. Research showed the first model was a horror story with broken safety etc. The 2nd gen solved this problem by removing it. So we ordered one in and it came yesterday. First impression is the gun is an exact copy of the p11. Same trigger, sights, etc. Trigger may be a little better than the p11 but not by much. Have not taken it out to the range yet but it will be tested. Overall it's not a bad deal as long as it functions. You get an extra mag which is the only plus over the p11. Fit and finish is decent. Barrel is polished as is the feed ramp. Only thing wrong visually with the gun was a really bad burr on the edge of the feed ramp that came off with light stone work. The grip is a nice improvement over other guns in it's class. If nothing else it will end up in the free gun contests.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > Other Guns