Come help us Launch CZTalk.com - Free Decals!
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > Other Guns > Remington 870 Bullpup Conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
danlauer9676

Default Remington 870 Bullpup Conversion

http://www.bullpupunlimited.com/

Looks pretty nice. They're taking pre-orders, but it won't ship until around the beginning of October, from what I've seen in another forum. Wish it was for the Mossberg 500 that I already own, but I might just buy an 870 to try this out (if it gets decent reviews). The FAQs say the trigger is near-zero friction, or something like that, so it might be pretty good. We'll have to see. I have sent an email asking if it'll accept a 7-shot or just a 5-shot. I'm a little bummed that there's no small rail on the front of the pump forend, because that's where I'd like to mount a flashlight, but it looks like there are small rails at the 3 o'clock and (hopefully) 9 o'clock positions. I could live with a light mounted at the 9 o'clock position (looking at the pic, I guess it's more like the 2 and 10 o'clock positions).

I wonder if it'd be legal to make something like this for a semi-auto shotgun? I can't see why it wouldn't. Maybe if they have success with this version, they'll make one for semi's. It would be tacti-kewl to have a semi-auto bullpup with a quadrail forend, IMO

[Thanks go to jge3 for originally pointing me to the product in the KSG area.]
Attached Images

Last edited by danlauer9676; 08-27-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: forgot to include link to website

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Tractiongrips
Grand Poobah
KOG_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Pretty cool, I'd like to check one out in person. The KSG seems to be a sort of urban myth around here, so I may have a better chance to find the bullpup. I'd like to find a KSG though.

Tractiongrips ...Total Grip Control For Pistols

Old 08-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
HardShell
Grand Poobah

Liked 105 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Very interesting...

Old 08-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
danlauer9676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractiongrips View Post
Pretty cool, I'd like to check one out in person. The KSG seems to be a sort of urban myth around here, so I may have a better chance to find the bullpup. I'd like to find a KSG though.
Yep, I know what you mean. Everyone's chomping at the bit for KSGs to ship, but no one knows when exactly that will happen. If this conversion can take the 7-round tube extension model 870, and is rugged, I would definitely consider getting a model 870 to try it out. I figure I'd be into this for somewhere around 600-700 bucks with the gun and the conversion stock. The KSG will be more than that, for sure, especially right after it ships. Also, being totally honest (and without malice), with Kel-Tec's past record in mind... I don't think I'd want one of the first KSGs to come off the line

There is the matter of the 14 round vs. 7 round capacity. However, I don't think that's a big deal for me. I could put some slugs on a side saddle on this conversion and be just about as happy with it I'm guessing. Also, they make those speed-loader tubes that hold shells and you push them in to reload a tube mag. I've never used any and they take practice (I've heard), but with training and familiarity they could probably be used effectively.

[edit - checking on those speed loader shell tubes, they might not be viable with this conversion. There'a a bracket involved and I don't know if it will be capable of being installed once the conversion is done: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=166659 . Still, just having some extra shells on a side saddle would be enough for me, I think.]

Last edited by danlauer9676; 08-27-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
johnny9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

as long as the barrel length is legal,and overall length is legal,just make your own like i did..heres a pic of my just finished homemade 10-22 bull pup,,took me around 40-50 hrs to get the thing done,and lots of time on the trigger bar to get working properly,,but turned out nice,,starting a thread after this post,,what ya think?i got enough of this alum to make a few more..maybe a shotgun since i cant afford the ksg unless i hit the lotto,haha

Old 08-28-2011, 03:14 AM   #6
Tractiongrips
Grand Poobah
KOG_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Johnny9, that thing is awesome. Great work!

Tractiongrips ...Total Grip Control For Pistols

Old 08-28-2011, 03:24 AM   #7
johnny9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

thanks tg,,i been researching the new b.pup stock and have to admit,i will be getting a 870 and that stock asap,,then i will be stippling the crap out of it and adding the goodies,haha

Old 08-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #8
jge3

Emailed and got some more info about the 870 bullpup kit. Any legal length barrel or magazine tube will work. Will not work with vented ribbed barrels and some rifle sighted barrels. The rails on the sides are detachable and they do have an accessory rail for the forend that is included in the kit. They also said if all goes well their bullpup kit for Mossberg 500/590 will be ready in approx. 6 months

Last edited by jge3; 08-28-2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Correction

Old 08-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
danlauer9676

Quote:
Originally Posted by jge3 View Post
Emailed and got some more info about the 870 bullpup kit. Any legal length barrel or magazine tube will work. Will not work with vented ribbed barrels and some rifle sighted barrels. The rails on the sides are detachable and they do have an accessory rail for the forend that is included in the kit. They also said if all goes well their bullpup kit for Mossberg 500/590 will be ready in approx. 6 months
Hehe, you beat me to it. They also emailed me the same basic info

Old 08-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
johnny9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

there site says it ships in 2-4 days but when they got back to me it was a pdf file my computer said not to open..it seems strange that they dont have a address or phone number to call..im gonna message them with mu number and make sure there legit.
come tomorrow am im gonna hopefully talk to someone from there and order it then..if they wont give me a number or call me,then im hesitant and will wait till there shipping..im sold as to what i can make it look like after i get one..hopefully it works as good as it"could"look.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > Other Guns