Come help us Launch CZTalk.com - Free Decals!
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > Other Guns > Phoenix Arms and their lifetime warranty service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
Brian10962001
Banned

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Phoenix Arms and their lifetime warranty service

For the last year or so I have owned a black Phoenix HP22A pistol. *The pistol came in a range kit that included a cleaning rod, longer barrel, 2 mags etc. *The gun was actually originally bought by my room mate who sold it to me cheap because of how often he was late on his rent. *I'm not even sure the gun was new when he bought it, I actually believe it was used because it had a lot of chips in the finish when he first picked it up. *

Here's the gun

I put about 1200 rounds through this pistol and did my customary modifications of removing the silly "safety to remove the magazine" and "mag inserted to set on safety" crap that I had done to my other HP22. *One day while firing it the magazine release button popped off and the spring flew into oblivion. *I had the thing sitting in a drawer for ages and pirated some parts from it, including the recoil spring for my other HP22.

I called Phoenix several times about getting some parts for repair, but I never ONCE got through to them. *Finally I decided to take a gamble and just sent the gun to their repair center and see what would happen. *I packed it up and included only a return address. *I couldn't lock the case (even though the manual says to or you will be charged $12 for a new lock) so I wasn't sure what would happen there. *The pistol arrived safely on 4/13. *On 4/21 I missed a Fed Ex shipment and was certain they had simply returned the pistol without repair. *Today I caught the fex ex guy, got my package only to find a locked case inside. *I checked the paperwork and found that they had replaced not only the pistol, but the entire range kit! *I'm now waiting for the new keys to the lock to show up as they were shipped separate from the pistol itself. *

I couldn't be happier with Phoenix, the turn around was insanely fast and to get the entire gun replaced along with the range kit is crazy. *I didn't even have the cleaning rod, screwdriver, heck all I sent in with it was the extra barrel and the magazines along with a broken case. *

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Brian10962001
Banned

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Re: Phoenix Arms and their lifetime warranty servi

Got the keys to the case today! The pistol came with an extra extended magazine. This pistol has what feels like a parkerized finish as opposed to the old black gloss painted looking finish.

I'll be taking it out to the range tomorrow, hopefully this one is as good as the rest I've used.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:59 AM   #3
handicomp

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's good to hear that another company stands behind their product and even above and beyond.
I have been thinking about getting a HP22 with the range kit, but have been waiting because I hadn't heard of how the company took care of it's customers. Guess it's about time I got one. Thanks for sharing your positive experience.

Ron

Old 04-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Ape
Grand Poobah

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That's great news! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I've had one of these for a while now and have often wondered how difficult warranty service might be since I've had the same problem contacting them by phone for a new set of springs.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
Brian10962001
Banned

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It's been nothing but rain this weekend so I haven't made it to the range yet. I coated the gun with a layer of 0w20 mobile 1 oil and it took well, the pistol has a nice dark black to it, and the finish appears to hold the oil well. The new magazine's have poly base plates, I don't know how well I like this on the flush magazines, but on the extended mags it saves a ton of weight. It amazes me how tight everything is on this gun compared to the other ones I have handled. I'll report back as soon as I give her a run through.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 AM   #6
painkillerAZ
Grand Poobah

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I am looking for a nice little 22 pistol and do not want to buy Ruger (after they went to the dark side in support of the Brady Bill I refuse too...regardless of how much I LOVE their mark IIs)

So clue me in, how does it feed is it ammo sensitive>

Old 04-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Ape
Grand Poobah

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The only ammo I've found mine doesn't really like is the bulk Golden Rems IIRC?
But none of my .22's like that ammo much either. so............

Old 04-30-2010, 04:36 AM   #8
Brian10962001
Banned

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Shot it today, put about 150 rounds through it. First off this pistol is VERY tight, magazine insertions aren't slick yet, the slide wasn't gritty, but it was tough to rack. When I would rack the slide back, I would have to nudge it to get it to chamber the first round. I expected a lot of jams, but the first 10 rounds went without a hitch. I fired all 3 magazines and only had 1 hang up, that was on the last round firing Remington Golden Bullets, it looked like the last round came up and caught the ejecting brass. I mixed up the ammo quite a bit, I used some VERY old Remington 40 grain RN bullets, some Federal bulk pack, and the aforementioned golden bullets. I experienced 2 or 3 more jams, all specific to one magazine. This is an issue I have encountered before with these guns where the front 2 feed tabs that hold the rounds need squeezed inward a bit, but I didn't mess with it. As for accuracy this gun is crazy! It will out shoot my old HP22 by a mile, I could put all 10 rounds in a sheet of notebook paper at 15 yards rapid fire, and within 2 or 3 rounds I could hit shotgun shells at the same range. One strange thing I did notice is that this gun seems to be louder and recoil a bit more than the old HP22. I wonder if they didn't change some of the spring rates or something? In any event another great day spent shooting these little guns. Tomorrow barring rain, I plan to take it out and fire it with the 5in barrel installed and see how well it shoots with that one. I gave it its first cleaning tonight, threw some grease on the spots that wear and gave the finish a coat with 0w20 Mobil 1, so she's ready to go!

Old 05-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
Ape
Grand Poobah

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Sounds about like my first experience with mine.

Although mine almsot never gets the 3" barrle put to use. We almost always use the 5" barrel for target plinking.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #10
hilljack
Grand Poobah

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Yep, I've had good luck with their service also. Had the slide crack again, sent it back and they returned a new slide quickly. The pistol is glossy black, they sent a matte finished slide . Not too wild about it at first, but looks ok, kinda two toned. Repairs so far = 3 cracked slides, all replaced. Frame cracked, whole pistol replaced. One more slide cracked. Wish they would use better metal on this thing. Fun little pistol though. Wish KT would make one like it, but with better materials, and less safetys.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > Other Guns