You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of thektog.org    
KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > Other Guns >

Armscor M-1600 .22 cal, AR-10 Upper Rec, Gunshow Rpt.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 04:54 AM   #1
El Perdido

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default Armscor M-1600 .22 cal, AR-10 Upper Rec, Gunshow Rpt.

Went to 2 gunsows in the last 2 weekends. Both were knda slow compared to last year's standing room only shows. Guess the gun band scare is over.Walkd one show for a few hours in San Antonio. Spent the whole weekend worknig a trade table in Corpus Christi. Didn't help that it was tax free weekend everyone must have been out buying school clohes. The ones that did come in were high dollar guns like Sigs, Glocks, Springers, and even aw some Colts. Guess maybe they had to sell some to buy school slothes too. Very few low dollar guns or Wally World guns as I call them. Didn't do nothing in S.A. and just a little in Corpus. Even scored some .22 ammo.

Here is one of 2 guns that one guy had in a rifle case along with some AR parts and Contender barrels. Just junk stuff like what I like and cheap. The rifle is an Armscor .22 M-1600, looks like a pre-AWB gun cause of the type of 3 prong flash hider on it and 15 round mag. Guy wanted 50 bucks for it, so I assumed something was wrong with it. Trigger was stuck in rear position. He said he had only used it once years ago and it locked up. He just threw it in a closet and it was there since then. Other gun was a like new, palm size H&R, top break, .22 cal revolver. And it was a nice nickle one too. He wanted 2 for the H&R. Told him to get real. I would give him a bill for the H&R and 25 for his broke azz rifle. He tried to push the Contender barrels on me for 60 each. Not bad, but I ain't got Contenders anymore. He had to get 150 for both guns. Being a cheapo, I could not resist to ask for an AR upper receiver he had. Throw it in on the deal. He went for it. Got the H&R, the broke, but like new Armscor and a DPMS AR-10 upper receiver for 150. Got pics of the rifle and upper, but the H&R went to a friend that came by Sunday for 2 bills.

http://www.bersaforum.com/photo/armscor-m1600-22-277.html

And the AR-10 upper receiver. I am not what people would call an AR builder. I call them assemblers. So I am unsure of what to do with the upper. I was told it was a DPMS by a parts dealer, probably an A2 type, kinda old school looking. Maybe sell it or maybe I could become an AR assembler. Anyway, after selling the H&R .22 the broke azz rifle and the upper cost less than nothing.

http://www.bersaforum.com/photo/dpms-ar-10-upper-274.html

Scored 2 bricks of Fed bulk pack .22s off a guy for 60 bucks total. There ain't been no .222 ammo at our Wally World in a year. I got 2 more bricks, but why not. Guy had driven 200 miles to come sell some he had hoarded for 60 a brick. He found out dealers had it for that price, so he had to drop it to 50 and had not sold any. He had 4 bricks in a backpack. Told him I would give 30 a brick. He said o.k. if I bought at least 2. SOLD. Should have bought it all, but I didn't need that much.

http://www.bersaforum.com/photo/22-ammo-276.html

Last edited by El Perdido; 08-12-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2014, 06:25 AM   #2
beegeezy
Grand Poobah

Liked 256 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Send a message via AIM to beegeezy Send a message via Yahoo to beegeezy

Pancho, did you change your screen name?

I'm not saying it was aliens....but it was aliens

Old 08-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #3
El Perdido

No, just posting under the other cause I can't log out under the El Perdido name. Dumb right? I can balme it on my blindness.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #4
El Perdido

Hey, does anyone out there know the true value of the AR-10 paperweight I got?

Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
abuck50
Grand Poobah

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I have one of those M1600 Armscor rifles!

Old 08-12-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
beegeezy
Grand Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Perdido View Post
No, just posting under the other cause I can't log out under the El Perdido name. Dumb right? I can balme it on my blindness.

Haha I figured from the posting style it was you. You have a distinct way of writing, and are always getting deals at gun shows.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
El Perdido

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegeezy View Post
Haha I figured from the posting style it was you. You have a distinct way of writing, and are always getting deals at gun shows.

Sistinct writing style? Well, long winded and boring.

Always getting deals at gunshows? SMore like, too cheap to buy good stuff. So, I buy other people's junk.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #8
beegeezy
Grand Poobah

The bersa forum image links were a tip off too.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:37 AM   #9
El Perdido

Burned the candles late last night tinkering with the Armscor. Didn't looke like a bad trigger assembly. I could not get the bolt to go fully into battery with the firing pin n the bolt and it would go right in with the firing pin out of the bolt.

Seems the tolerences between the sear and firing pin/striker were too close. Considered 2 options.

One would be to trim the lower side of the firing pin were it contacted the sear. Not the greatest option due to the part being hardened, but it would work.

Second woujdl be to get more slack by getting the trigger to pull back furhter and allow more space. Didn't like that cause of all the little parts & springs in there.

After looking at it and a diagram for a while this morning, the solution hit me. Just knock out the trigger overtravel/stop pin. It did not do much anyway. So, I did and the bolt and firing pin cleared the sear as it should when the trigger was pulled back to put the bolt in the receiver. Gun went bang, loaded and ejected when it did feed.

Now to solve the next problem. Failure to feed reliably. Looks like the mag feed angle isn't just right. Mag is also loose in the mag well. Gotta tweek the feed lips now and take the slack out of the mag well. Been there and done that enough times before.

Quick Reply

Go Back   KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum > Other > Other Guns